Top Drug Movies

Tools    

I will say Scarface, it has a lot of drug scenes on it, also New jack like T.Bickle said.

Drug movies I didn't like are-

-SPUN(I KNOW DRUG MOVIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WIERD... BUT HUH??)
-TRAFFIC(TOO LONG, WAS JUST WAITING FOR IT TO END)
-DAZED AND CONFUSED(IT WAS JUST OK, NOT GOOD)
-REEFER MADNESS(ANY MOVIE THAT TRIES TO MAKE WEED SEEM SHOCKING IS A SNOOZER)

WHATS TRAINSPOTTING LIKE?
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Originally Posted by SolidGold85
Thank you Anonymous Last, I have'nt laughed like that in a long time.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a movie about a bear and I think it was called "The Bear" and it ate shrooms and had a drug trip. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember this movie?
hahaha yeah i remember that, it was bugged out especially with the frogs freakin out maaaaaaaaaaan

haha

Dazed and Confused gets my vote

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Tazz
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
In the Movie Depp was heating a light blub with a lighter, does that get you high or something?
No no no, that scene was meant to represent that you can get higher without using drugs than with them, that's what he says. Also in the 60s, some people used lighbulbs as bowls. Great movie though.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Trainspotting
Requiem for a Dream
Go
Dazed and Confused
Easy Rider(the cemetary trip scene)
Cheech and Chong
Traffic
Deep Cover

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by dolarhydecb
Also in the 60s, some people used lighbulbs as bowls.
I need something bigger for my cereal.

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I need something bigger for my cereal.
Good call

1. Spun (love that movie)
2. Fear and Loathing
3. Trainspotting
4. Requiem for a Dream
5. Traffic

Not sure. 'Driller Killer' comes to mind... but no. Does 'Tracks' (1976, Henry Joglom) count? Fear and Loathing possibly. I'm hoping 'A Scanner Darkly' will be good (the novel certainly deserves it) though I can't say I'm a Linklater fan (to be fair I've only seen the uber mediocre 'School of Rock').

Movie Forums Member
One movie I just thought of is More, which is about Heroin addiction, along with many other drugs. Also the movie Quadraphrenia has a good look at blue pills.

We can't stop here!
No no no, that scene was meant to represent that you can get higher without using drugs than with them, that's what he says. Also in the 60s, some people used lighbulbs as bowls. Great movie though.
The entire movie was to deter people from drugs, but that's not the point. Time for drug facts. Lightbulbs are not used as normal bowls. You wouldn't use one for weed, that would be pointless. It's a free base type of pipe. Most commonly used for crack, free base pipes are designed for drugs that need to be heated up higher so they vaporize. If a flame it put directly on the drug they burn and destroy their effects. You use a glass free base pipe so you can heat it from below without direct contact so it vaporizes. Like I said, it's most commonly used for crack, but also for many other drugs such as DMT.

My favorite drug movies include Requeim, Spun, Fear and Laothing, and many others. I'm trying to learn of more drug movies, and it brought me here.

some of my favorites, in no particular order

ones in bold are my personal favorites i dont hear much people talking about.

Stoned Age
Homegrown
Fritz the Cat & The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat
Go
Kids
(not solely about drugs, i know)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Cheech & Chong: Up In Smoke & Still Smokin
Half Baked
How High
Friday
Easy Rider
(has cool smoking scenes)
The Basketball Diaries
Kids In the Hall: Brain Candy
Club Paradise
(has some funny scenes with Rick M. & Eugene L)
Training Day (ok, it wasnt about drugs, but good none the less)

also, forgot Psych-Out w/ jack nicholson

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by A0C8C
The entire movie was to deter people from drugs, but that's not the point. Time for drug facts. Lightbulbs are not used as normal bowls. You wouldn't use one for weed, that would be pointless. It's a free base type of pipe. Most commonly used for crack, free base pipes are designed for drugs that need to be heated up higher so they vaporize. If a flame it put directly on the drug they burn and destroy their effects. You use a glass free base pipe so you can heat it from below without direct contact so it vaporizes. Like I said, it's most commonly used for crack, but also for many other drugs such as DMT.

My favorite drug movies include Requeim, Spun, Fear and Laothing, and many others. I'm trying to learn of more drug movies, and it brought me here.
Actually my friend, i'm going to have to correct you there, in order to freebase you would need a metal that would increase to high enough temperatures to vaporize the cocaine. The lightbulb was used like a gravity bong by lighting it in the top area with the filament and then sucking it out. Maybe i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's how it's done...

Can we try with real bullets now?
Trainspotting is the best because of the Iggy Pop music and the Scottish accents

We can't stop here!
Actually my friend, i'm going to have to correct you there, in order to freebase you would need a metal that would increase to high enough temperatures to vaporize the cocaine. The lightbulb was used like a gravity bong by lighting it in the top area with the filament and then sucking it out. Maybe i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's how it's done...
Nope, lightbulbs is a poor mans free basing pipe. The first place I learned of it was on a site about Bufo Alvarius, the Colorado Tree Frog. It's poison produces DMT, an extremely strong psychedelic drug.

"Another smoking method involves using a modified light bulb. You break the metal part off of the bulb using a tiny pin hammer, a rock hammer, or something similar without shattering the rest of the bulb. Then wash out the inside of the bulb. When you're ready, put the venom in the bulb and heat the bottom with a blue flame, and inhale the smoke as it comes out of the bottleneck of the bulb. Or, you can suck it out through a straw. The idea is that you want to heat the venom with the flame, not burn it like with pot."

Gravity bongs are completely different anyways. Loghting it in the gilament area and sucking out of the top of it is basically the same method as above, except I think you get bad gasses from heating it up on the metal. Heat transfers from the glass to the drug better than metal anyways, it's why free basing pipes are almost always glass.

Half baked or any Cheech n Chong movies ... drug comedy is the best.

Welcome to the human race...
Hey, does Withnail & I count as a drug movie? It's got the Camberwell carrot.

my personal favourite drug movies;
pulp fiction
spun
fear and loathing in las vegas
traffic