DerekVinyard's Top 50 Best Movie Of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

Great stuff so far Derek . In all honesty i'm not much a fan of Primal Fear, but you deserved a +1 for it because you've described your feelings of it so well in another langauge. Jesus i barely know English, this would be me attempting to speak to you in French (and i know some French). Also the worst episode of Friends ever .

Not seen Zodiac yet and the rest i loved or liked.
thanks man I very appreciate it ! I try to doing my best

ps: funny as hell (video)

Derek, well said review on The Thing. I agree with all four of your points, especially about the ending. Had Hollywood done the 'usual ending', the film would have been weaker.

A good part of the suspense/terror was not knowing who is or isn't human......I love the scene where the scientist are tied to chairs as a blood test is done to reveal the alien....The way the actors react when the alien finally reveals itself, AND the humans are helpless tied to chairs right next to the beast!
100% agree the ending is completely awesome

thanks everyone and I'll Keep em coming

46. 25th Hour (2002)
Spike Lee

''I need you to make me ugly''

- Simply a beautiful movie surround by powerful performances from Norton , Pepper and Seymour Hoffman. Many memorables scenes in this flick especially the 4min monologue by Ed Norton which is also one of my favorite scene of all-time. The ending is one of the best i've seen so far ... very touching and completely marvelous.

Soundtrack:

Chappie doesn't like the real world
You've got three movies on here that I like a lot; The Thing, Let the Right One In & The 25th Hour. Good choices.

Let the Right One In is so atmospheric and moody. To me that's exactly how vampire movies should be.

You've got three movies on here that I like a lot; The Thing, Let the Right One In & The 25th Hour. Good choices.

Let the Right One In is so atmospheric and moody. To me that's exactly how vampire movies should be.
I could not have said it better 100% agree

Where do you get your shirts? Online somewhere?
Online. Fright Rags and Rockabillia. I've also gotten some shirts from Rotten Cotton, but I don't really like the quality.

45. Apocalypse Now (1979)
Francis Coppola

''I love the smell of napalm in the morning''

- Certainly one of the most incredible and influential war movie of all-time. The acting and the directing are completely amazing for a movie of the 70's and the cinematography is absolutely beautiful and shocking. Brando and Sheen are astounding and the ending is perfect (The Doors too ).

Soundtrack:

Yep great film, the third best war film of all time (after Dr.Strangelove and Grave of the Fireflies)

Yep great film, the third best war film of all time (after Dr.Strangelove and Grave of the Fireflies)
I like more Apocalypse Now than those two movies...

44. Halloween (1978)
John Carpenter

'' I watched him for fifteen years, sitting in a room staring at a wall, not seeing the wall, looking past the wall, looking at this night, inhumanly patient, waiting for some secret, silent alarm to trigger him off. Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. You can either ignore it or you can help me to stop it.''

- One of my favorite Psycho-Stabber horror movie . This movie is another great influential horror film that I highly appreciate! Micheal Myers is the creepiest horror vilain of all-time without a doubt and Jamie Lee Curtis give one hell of a solid performance as her little innocent sister. The storyline is simple but incredibly scary and effective. This is the best movie from John Carpenter in my opinion and to date one of the most terrifying movie ever made.

The Best Soundtrack Ever:

I couldn't quite get into Let the Right One In but I'd try it again. Halloween is a classic and The Thing, Apocalypse Now, and The 25th Hour are just completely awesome movies.

I couldn't quite get into Let the Right One In but I'd try it again. Halloween is a classic and The Thing, Apocalypse Now, and The 25th Hour are just completely awesome movies.
you sir got great movie taste !

HK classic of horror no doubt about it

Daniel it's my 3rd favorite war movie