vBulletin Site of the Month?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
I recently, almost in boredom, clicked the vBulletin link at the bottom of the forum page. I found out some interesting things. Now, I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries here. Afterall Yoda is the Admin and I know if there is anything that he wants done or recognized about his site, it is he who should follow up.

But....the first thing I found out was that our site is not listed in the featured links section of the vBulletin website. That was a surprise because I think we should be included at least there.

Secondly, the vBulletin site has something called "vBulletin Site of the Month". It is an award that goes to a site selected by vBulletin members (over 11,000) who think a site is worthy of placing a special "banner" on one of their program driven websites. I wasn't sure how to nominate our site as "Site of the Month", but I tried. I sent e-mails to the Admins and Moderators saying that--in so many well-written words-- I think Movieforums.com should carry the award because it certainly deserves it. And I think Chris should be recognized by the company for the hard work and dedication he puts forth, using their codes.

Shortly after sending my request, I recieved an e-mail from a vBulletin administrator. And this is what he had to say:

Thanks Timothy but only license customers can nominate forums. If I were you I would encourage the owner of that site to submit his site for nomination.

All the best,
Steve Machol
Support Team, vBulletin

*anyone here besides Yoda a licensed customer?*

Like I said, I'm not the Admin here, but "Site of the Month" sounds like a great award, one that would make me feel that Yoda was appreciated for his work. Of course, I understand that Yoda might not want ALOT of traffic here, and I'm not sure if the whole goal of a forums site is to get as many members as possible, but I still think that he should be recognized.
So, consider this, as Mr. Machol said, my encouragement to Yoda to nominate his site for "vBulletin Site of the Month." [unless there are problems that I am unaware of.....]

I'm still waiting to hear from the members department of vBulletin. I'll let you know what they think. In the mean time, what do all of you think?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
*anyone here besides Yoda a licensed customer?*
With call girls, maybe.

I think Yoda at leas deserves our recognition on doing such a great job.

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
As the member of about four forums run off of vBulletin I have to say that this is the nicest one I've been on. It has nice graphics, more smilies, clearly organized links etc...

But I wonder, having only been here a day, what the reputation thing is all about?

You can basically say whether or not you like someone and it keeps tally, and those little dots under your name show how well you like or how much you are hated. Example: Yoda's says that he is quite popular, while Django's says that he is "Utterly loathed" which is basically true.

My life isn't written very well.
Before someone interjects here with a link showing you exactly where this subject has been discussed before, let me give you a crash course. If you're reading a post, and you like it or hate it, click on the small square button which shows a head with hash marks coming out of its mouth. That is the add/remove reputation button. Once you click it a small box will appear, blackening the top circle in that boxs adds rep, while the lower circle subtracts. To see your own rep here: go to the top of the screen, find and click "User CP", scroll down and voila! Any other questions about this system are addressed in a thread titled "User Reputation System" located in the Site Stuff catagory on the main screen.

BTW, thanks for the compliments.

Also, it is up to Yoda to nominate himself for Site of the Month.

Sorry that I didn't respond to this sooner.

The site's been nominated before, actually. At least once. I think there was a second time as well, though.

Anyway, we haven't wont yet, which isn't suprising. Voters can pretty much choose whatever criteria they like when voting on a winner, but the decision is generally based around the forum's graphics and layout, and other such things, whereas this forum's appeal is more in content and subtle script modifications (that's not to say, of course, that I don't love the layout and color scheme here as well).

Anyway, I might toss our collective hat into the ring again soon, but I doubt we'd stand much chance. At least, not unless I overhauled the forum to look a bit flashier.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Anyway, we haven't wont yet, which isn't suprising. Voters can pretty much choose whatever criteria they like when voting on a winner, but the decision is generally based around the forum's graphics and layout, and other such things, whereas this forum's appeal is more in content and subtle script modifications (that's not to say, of course, that I don't love the layout and color scheme here as well).
You just haven't spent enough on your campaign, man. You have to grease a few palms, and then give a few hand-jobs, to win these things.

But, in all seriousness, those voters know nothing. And we, the people, all know that MoFo is the best that there ever was or will be.

Ah, so there I sit on the fence of creditaility....

I looked in the FAQ's but it wasn't there tho everything else was!

It's ok, I like the view from the fence, I can see what's happening in ALL the other yards, and most of the ground floor apartments!

Hey, that's so Normal Rockwell, see those two kids with the frog and the kite? Hand me up my camera, will you?

Originally Posted by politesuccubus
Ah, so there I sit on the fence of creditaility....

I looked in the FAQ's but it wasn't there tho everything else was!
If you need more info, there's a thread in the Site Stuff forum. I missed it, too, and had no clue about the green dots.

Normal Rockwell
I know this is just a typo, but I love it! Rep points for you, PS--you'll be off that fence in no time a'tall. And then your derriere won't be so sore.

At least the fence isn't a lonely place.

Yep! They don't make fences like this anymore. Good old pre-WW2 fences!