Need a cool movie name for my baby

Tools    

I love the name Sloane, but more as a last name. I named an entire family "The Sloanes" in several stories I wrote, and I chose the name from the same movie.

Unique Girl Names:

Kinsey ~ Old English, means "offspring", not a movie name, but I like it.

Dahlia ~ Scandinavian, means "flower" -- before Thomas Harris created Hannibal Lecter, he made Dahlia Iyad, in the book and movie "Black Sunday" - his first book.

Starling ~ another Tom Harris character name, as in Clarice Starling, though it's also a unique first name - English, means "blackbird". I dunno.... "Sloan and Starling" sounds cool.

Rexanne ~ American, means "queen", no know characters with this name, but sounds cool to me.

Effie ~ Greek, means "good reputation", and a good name.

Miette ~ French, means "small and sweet".

Sumalee ~ Thai, means "flower".

Taite ~ English, means "cheerful".

and....

Fonda ~ Spanish, means "inn"

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I like Abbey (as in the Beatles Abbey Road)
Alexandria
Hope
Lily is a good one too

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

this isn't a movie name but i like it "TANNER"

Actually, Tanner is a movie name - though I guess one that isn't a pop culture touchstone anymore. Tanner Boyle is the most foul-mouthed of The Bad News Bears (played by Chris Barnes). He's the moppet-topped, ill-tempered, pint-sized Shortstop who uses racial epithets and picks fights - including with the entire seventh grade at one point.
"Look, Lupus, if you wiped your nose once in a while, people wouldn't give you so much crud all the time."

And in the TV realm, Tanner is the name of the fictional candidate in Robert Altman and Garry Trudeau's mockumentary political campaign "Tanner '88" (though it's his last name there).

Not much of a name for a girl, in any event.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden didn't spell Ferris right! HE GOT A MOVIE CHARACTER NAME WRONG!!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Seeing as how it isn't possible for Holden to misspell, I'd opt for he was trying to play off of Sloane being misspelled, or missused...or something...anything other than a mistake.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
What about Leeloo from The Fifth Element?

Get off my island
Eve

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I love the name Trinity!!! I would name the Girl Trinity and the boy Sam or Samuel

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
How about Matinee? That's a good movie name. And cheaper than a full-price movie moniker.

Holden I swear sometimes I wonder what pumps your blood cause it isn't a heart.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by RedQueen83
I love the name Trinity!!! I would name the Girl Trinity.
Yeah, 'cause that's a name that doesn't scream I've-seen-The-Matrix-so-many-times-that-it's-a-miracle-I-got-pregnant-in-the-first-place.

And if it's a boy, how about Neo? That name surely won't result in a slew of unmerciful ass-kickings...

The person that started this thread has already had her baby. Let's hope she went with Lily or Frank.

Heroshi or Hiroshi
Because the full name is the first thing to go. This way his nickname will either be Hero, which is cool, or Yoshi, which is cute but a little passé.

I am having a nervous breakdance
What about Edward Scissorhands? Or Fresh Prince?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.