Can U recommend : documentary about amazing feats

Tools    

Hi, guys.

I feel like being inspired or amazed by real-life achievements!

Can you recommend a couple of documentaries about amazing feats, or ballsy stunts? To give a few examples :

Burden of Dreams : Documentary about the making of Fitzcarraldo (amazing feat).

Man on Wire
: Documentary about a tightrope-walking between the twin towers of the WTC (ballsy feat).

The Ambassador : Documentary about actually smuggling diamonds out of South Africa (ballsy stunt).

Feel free to recommend anything, as long as you consider it to be a feat. It just has to be amazing, or just plain ballsy.

Thank you

Maidentrip (2013) - A freaking 14-year-old girl sets out on a two-year voyage in pursuit of her dream to become the youngest person ever to sail around the world alone.

Didn't watch it, but it fits your desires perfectly.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No love for my suggestion? It's really really interesting.

If survival stuff is more your game I saw most of these after going mountaineering in Pakistan. In retrospect, probably not a great idea, but if you don't intend high altitude climbing any time soon, a ripping good watch

https://mpora.com/mountaineering-exp...8ljFxfXKD8z.97

No love for my suggestion? It's really really interesting.
I may take a look at it, but tbh I haven't watched a tv series in a long, long time. I tend to avoid it, but I may take a look at it. Watch it in the bus, or something like that.

If survival stuff is more your game I saw most of these after going mountaineering in Pakistan. In retrospect, probably not a great idea, but if you don't intend high altitude climbing any time soon, a ripping good watch

https://mpora.com/mountaineering-exp...8ljFxfXKD8z.97
Thanks man. I have already seen Touching the Void and it's one of my favourite documentaries (at least top 15 or 10). I'm probably not watching every one on the list, though, so which one would you recommend ?

Maidentrip (2013) - A freaking 14-year-old girl sets out on a two-year voyage in pursuit of her dream to become the youngest person ever to sail around the world alone.
omagahd that movie was AWESOME! You can actually watch the coming of age of that girl. Quite like Boyhood, but with a real story and narrative arc.

Yes, I plan to watch that movie too. I have a complete list with only Herzog movies, most of which would fall into the amazing real life feats category.

Going Clear (2015) - how former Navy mental case and sci-fi author looney toon L. Ron Hubbard jipped gullible hippies of the 60's and idiot celebrities of modern times, from all over the world, out of billions of dollars and continues to do so today (even though he's dead) by creating a ridiculous, money-grabbing, cult "religion" based on made-up space aliens from his failed pulp sci-fi magazine career!
An amazing feat indeed.

King of Kong?

Beauty Day?

Going Clear (2015) - how former Navy mental case and sci-fi author looney toon L. Ron Hubbard jipped gullible hippies of the 60's and idiot celebrities of modern times, from all over the world, out of billions of dollars and continues to do so today (even though he's dead) by creating a ridiculous, money-grabbing, cult "religion" based on made-up space aliens from his failed pulp sci-fi magazine career!
An amazing feat indeed.
Great documentary that one.

Touching the void is excellent. Cant remember if it's on the list but The Endless Knot.

A friend of mine is one of the most prolific high altitude climbers in the world. We shared a camp in Pakistan as he was preparing for his second attempt of Broad Peak and my brothers and I were going for a swing off K2. These docos leave me a bit unsettled, especially because I almost died on that trip, and my friend has been on some expeditions that ended tragically, or had climbing partners who died on other trips. Seeing the grave yard on K2 was very upsetting.

Anyway, linky for Endless Knot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054583/

The seven wonders you can get as a box set. I bought it for my hubby. Each episode is a fresh engineering feat. Not usually my type of doco but I was mesmerised.

I saw Going Clear recently. Terrifying!!!

Another survival one. An ex boyfriend many years ago gave me the biography then I saw the doco. Here's the YT. 14 minutes for first installment