Immortals...from the producers of 300..

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I'm expecting the acting to be so-so, I'm sure the plot will be less an appetizing. But I WILL SEE THIS solely based on the incredible visuals.

I would love another "300"-esque theater experience!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The movie looks like it will have awesome visuals, and I do want to see this one.

But the whole 300 thing, I'm getting tired of seeing that in trailers. That's the main reason I went to see Sucker Punch and that movie sucked so bad IMO, it was basically a really really long music video.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Looks ****. The speech looks especially ****. When will someone finally do a movie speech to rival William Wallace in Braveheart.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
These kinds of movies always attract me then I end up let down most of the time, but we'll see. I'm more excited about his Snow White movie.

today is the release date! anyone watch it already?
i have to wait for it like eight fokin hours again untill my shifts end. demmit

Sudoku Blackbelt
I don't understand people (i.e., movie critics) that review films like this with such negativity.

What were they let down by? A thin plot? Even thinner dialog? Maybe they should lower their expectations (and their noses) a little, and review the film for what it is:

A big screen adventure loaded with action and special effects.

Maybe even, *gasp* stop being a critic for a while and just be a person going to the movies for the sheer entertainment of it.

They might even allow themselves to *gasp* actually enjoy what just happened on the big screen, rather than compare it to what they (they critic) thinks it should have been, or done, or said.

I'll go see this, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. If I'm let down by it, it won't be because it's not living up to somethine else I'm comparing it to.

so i watched, and this movie is another version to 300. same sinematography, same slow motion scene, & same bathblood. i was expecting more than this one. but everything goes wrong. the 1 and only awesome scene, is when the Gods and the Titans were Fighting. thats quite epic. but the rest of it? boring as hell.

for a note, im a fan of collosal movie. but this one, really really cant help it.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
OK - I don't care about the critics or Rotten Tomatoes or Peter Travers. "Immortals" was just the movie I needed to see. It's pure escapism. The story was mediocre, but interesting enough to push the movie along. I was surprised with Henry Cavill, who did very well as the hero Theseus. I also thought Mickey Rourke did well, too. He was badass and burly!

The build up took a little long, I would have cut out 15 minutes or so. This movie is worth seeing just for the last 45 minutes. HOLY S#!% best part of the movie!

You go see a movie like this for a reason. Not to see Oscar-worthy acting, not to be emotionally connected to a well-written story...but to get away from reality for a little bit and enjoy the bloody show.

"Immortals" is not as exquisite as "300" but it comes damn close.