Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

Yup. There are easter eggs thrown in eg (not spoilery), Jesse's hello kitty flip phone that non watchers of BB wont get the hysteria over, and blink and you miss them characters like Ken Wins - remember that arrogant tool whose BMW Walt blew up? He returns for an episode, and my fave psycho from the show also returns - TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT, but other than that this show is it's own entity. Fantastic arc between Jimmy and Mike. Those two are so good together on screen.

Give the pilot a shot and see what you think. You wont recognise Saul when you first see him. Great cinematography, excellent movie choices, and some really interesting characters. So excited for season 3.
With LD's description of what he likes/doesn't like, I think he'll like this. It sounds to me like LD doesn't like Walter White, which I can relate to. Jimmy isn't like that--he's someone you WANT to root for. If anything, he represents an average person: do good things and get screwed over anyway. Jimmy has such a vibrant personality that you can't help but want this guy to win.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think Dev would like it as well. Jimmy is such an interesting character and I am really amazed how the writers have played this out, especially giving it such a different mood and Pace to BB.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Dev, as dt said it's absolutely nothing like BB. People who hated it constantly complained 'nothing is happening' simply because they dont like character driven shows. Nothing wrong with not liking that but they missed the whole point. As outlined above they expected BB 2.0. Others were disappointed it wasnt a straight out court room drama with constant Saul one liners and shady clients every episode. I think that would have got old pretty fast. I dont like spinoffs but checked out the pilot just to see what gilligan and gould wanted to do with it, fully expecting to bin in but I was immediately hooked.
Love, don't forget to quote or I might never know you were addressing me.

I'll give the show a watch. As I explained Dteam, I was expecting BB to be like "Falling Down" as it looked that way from the original trailer but was somewhat disappointed it didn't go that route [am not a fan of mafia/drug dealer stuff... though I did like "the Wire" A LOT; great show]

One character I'd like to see back is Huell just so I dont think of him stuck in that hotel room without any food for eternity.

I think Dev would like it as well. Jimmy is such an interesting character and I am really amazed how the writers have played this out, especially giving it such a different mood and Pace to BB.
You know who Jimmy reminds me of? Jesse in a way. I mean--they're both essentially good at heart people who ended up in a business they really should have avoided becoming a part of and, essentially, both lose everything. I hope those two meet in the present.

You know who Jimmy reminds me of? Jesse in a way. I mean--they're both essentially good at heart people who ended up in a business they really should have avoided becoming a part of and, essentially, both lose everything. I hope those two meet in the present.
Yeh utterly tragic, to be honest. So often with both characters I'd sit back saying No No No dont do it.

One character I'd like to see back is Huell just so I dont think of him stuck in that hotel room without any food for eternity.
Oh, Huell...

I still remember that scene of him laying in the money and coaxing Kuby into doing the same:

Huell: "Mexico, man...all's I'm sayin'."

Kuby: "Walter White killed 13 guys in lockup in 2 minutes. All's *I'm* saying!"

LOL. I love those two.

Yeh utterly tragic, to be honest. So often with both characters I'd sit back saying No No No dont do it.
Especially Jesse while waiting for the vacuum cleaner guy. "Just get in the van, Jesse...just get in the van"...

LOL. I love those two.
It would be easy to include them in this show--perhaps he hires them for other business issues and ends up putting them on retainer. I even had a fun idea that maybe Huell is a former client of Jimmy's.

Badger and Skinny Pete would fit in well:

Badger knew Saul before anyone and Pete shared a cell with Tuco.

Especially Jesse while waiting for the vacuum cleaner guy. "Just get in the van, Jesse...just get in the van"...
urgh. Right from the get go they were making terrible decisions.

If I had one wish for a character returning it would be Gale. I would love to see him back again and teeing up with Gustavo.

urgh. Right from the get go they were making terrible decisions.

If I had one wish for a character returning it would be Gale. I would love to see him back again and teeing up with Gustavo.
Gale would fit into this show well. He has that BCS-esque personality. Plus, we know that Gus knew him for a few years before they started cooking, so who knows?

Interesting to note: Gale has a mug shot in BB which means he was arrested for something in the past. Perhaps Jimmy could represent him.

When was the mug shot, deat? I dont recall.

I want to see him stopping into the sex and sin district in Bangkok returning home from Everest, and singing his karaoke. And maybe getting some one night lovin.

Also, Tuco could still have a role in BCS because we know that he, according to Hank: "Knifed a Mexican national in 2003". The show takes place in 2002, so...you know...

I cant remember that either.

When was the mug shot, deat? I dont recall.

I want to see him stopping into the sex and sin district in Bangkok returning home from Everest, and singing his karaoke. And maybe getting some one night lovin.
It's seen in the background in a few episodes. Most notably, it's in episode 10 of Season 5 when Hank just learned about Walt's drug trade and was going through all the old Gus files. Gale even has a beard in the mug shot.

It's seen in the background in a few episodes. Most notably, it's in episode 10 of Season 5 when Hank just learned about Walt's drug trade and was going through all the old Gus files. Gale even has a beard in the mug shot.
Ha. That's probably why I didnt notice. I cant imgine Gale with a hipster beard, although he does have the socks and sandals, the herb tea which he probably recycles, and the vegan diet.