Juno's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

I am looking forward to seeing the Top 100 in full. Should be good.
It is up . Go back to page 1 and you will see where I start with #100 and most are on page 2.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I agree. 4.5/5's aren't a bad thing. Or score it out of 10. Kind of weird that we only have 4 top 100 films in common. But I haven't seen a lot from your list and I'm nearly certain you haven't seen a good chunk of mine.

I agree. 4.5/5's aren't a bad thing. Or score it out of 10. Kind of weird that we only have 4 top 100 films in common. But I haven't seen a lot from your list and I'm nearly certain you haven't seen a good chunk of mine.
You must remember that I am a 16 year old girl who likes chick flicks and teen movies for the most part. Those movies aren't usually on the top of a guys lists.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, but you could still try to differentiate between your 100 movies, and some might rise and some might sink (between 4, 4.5 and 5.) The other thing is that if you watch more of the lists and ALL the movies in the polls, your life willl be enriched cinematically.

OK, but you could still try to differentiate between your 100 movies, and some might rise and some might sink (between 4, 4.5 and 5.) The other thing is that if you watch more of the lists and ALL the movies in the polls, your life willl be enriched cinematically.
I can rate the movies whatever rating I want. If I wanted to rate my entire top 100 movies 5 stars out of 5 or a perfect scoring than I would. I certainly would not rate a movie in my top 100 lower than a 3 star out of 5 stars because if it is in my top 100 than I must have enjoyed the movie somewhat.

Concerning the movies from the polls I will try to watch them and I also enjoy reading the reviews and remarks from the other mofoers here because they do have way more experience with older films than myself. That is why I enjoy this site more than any other reason.

#30: Ferris Bueller's Day Off 4/5 stars~ Matthew Broderick puts on in my opinion his best performance ever in this very upbeat and funny comedy.

#29: Pretty In Pink 4/5 stars~ Another of the brat packers films that hit my top 100. Ringwald, McCarthy and especially Jon Cryer put on a great performance in this teen film.

#28: Pay It Forward 4/5 stars~ One of the saddest endings of a movie that I have ever seen. Spacey, Hunt, and Osment do a great job in this film.

#27: There's Something About Mary 4/5 stars~ One of the most hilarious films with some of the most memorable scenes like the hair gel and the stuck zipper.

#26: Doc Hollywood 4/5 stars~ Michael J. Fox is great in this film as is his wacky towers casts in Woody Harrelson, Bridget Fonda, and David Ogden Stiers.

#25: St. Elmo's Fire 4/5 stars~ Big brat packer movie related to the college years. Had some romantic and also funny moments. Also shows that friends can stick together through a lot.

#24: Little Miss Sunshine 4/5 stars~ Abigail Breslin is fantastic as is the rest of the cast in this hysterical comedy.

#23: RV 4/5 stars~ This movie is hilarious. Robin Williams at his best.

#22: Reality Bites 4/5 stars~ Great movie that brings two people together. Also has a great soundtrack.

#21: Crazy/Beautiful 4/5 stars~ My favorite movie with Kirsten Dunst. She plays a great dysfunctional young lady who meets up with a young hispanic man who they fall in love.

RV, c'mon Juno...

I think a lot of people here have to remember that there are a lot of young members here too. I'm 22 and its only been a year since I've been truly watching movies from the lists because they are considered great. There's plenty of time to catch up, Juno. I do agree that your top 100 list would change dramatically as well, because mine has since I've seen a lot of movies on those lists.

That movie was hilarious.

I think a lot of people here have to remember that there are a lot of young members here too. I'm 22 and its only been a year since I've been truly watching movies from the lists because they are considered great. There's plenty of time to catch up, Juno. I do agree that your top 100 list would change dramatically as well, because mine has since I've seen a lot of movies on those lists.
I agree that it will change as I get older and more mature, but as for now I enjoy teen type movies and romantic comedies which I will probably enjoy my entire life. I just don't think I will ever be into Westerns or movies that blow up a ton of stuff and call it a movie. It just doesn't fit my sort of personality.

I was mucking around. Each to their own. But, you you really want to see Williams at his best, buy some of his stand up DVD's ...there's a new one out now.

I was mucking around. Each to their own. But, you you really want to see Williams at his best, buy some of his stand up DVD's ...there's a new one out now.
I imagine that is really funny too. And Robin was also brilliant in Dead Poets Society.

I agree that it will change as I get older and more mature, but as for now I enjoy teen type movies and romantic comedies which I will probably enjoy my entire life. I just don't think I will ever be into Westerns or movies that blow up a ton of stuff and call it a movie. It just doesn't fit my sort of personality.
Stuff can learn to grow on you, but I agree watch what you like watching or else it isn't worth watching anything at all.

I was shocked to see it at #23, that's all. I've watched it with my 16 year old niece, she enjoyed it but not that much.

I was shocked to see it at #23, that's all. I've watched it with my 16 year old niece, she enjoyed it but not that much.
I just really enjoyed it. I also like Kristen Chenoweth and Josh Hutcherson.

Stuff can learn to grow on you, but I agree watch what you like watching or else it isn't worth watching anything at all.
So true, I just don't think I could sit through a western. I certainly don't torture myself sitting through a horror film that I know will give me nightmares for days.

I imagine that is really funny too. And Robin was also brilliant in Dead Poets Society.

Awakenings, also. Dead Poets is a wonderful Movie, especially if you've been to strict Schools. "Priests & Nuns" still give me nightmares..LOL

I have yet to see Awakenings. I also like him in Good Will Hunting.
Well at least you like Good Will Hunting...haha