Chopper, anyone seen it

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone apart from me seen chopper? its by far the best austrailian film ive evr seen and stars mr incredible hulk. its a true story too

whats ur opinions?

Back with a bang!
It's pretty good.

i don't know how far out of australia the movie has gotten...i totally love it, one of my favourites

i'm actually going to see the REAL chopper in a show in April - i think its a stand up thing where he just talks of his life....anyone read his books????

edit...sp

Good, not great. Bana is damn good tho in it.

I havent watched this movie, but let me say why,

we have it for sale for 3.99....

the movies we have for 3.99 are such award winners as THE FIRM-great ABS, Arthur, shall I go on... I just assumed it was shi*

Chopper is definitely my favorite Australian film. Followed by Shine is a close second, and Lantana then a distant third. It is a hazy and intoxicating film [and I love cinematic intoxication]. Bana delivers probably the best Australian male performance, too, and if he doesn't, he is second best to only Rush in Shine [and Bana won the best actor AFI award for Chopper which he fully deserved, especially if you knew his roots as a comedian].

See it. If only for the inspired performance. And then see it again and appreciate it more.

Chopper is an pretty damn cool movie. I enjoyed it very much. I remember wheni first read about Mark "Chopper" Reed in an issue of maxim. that dude is whacked.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine patrie,et fili et spiritu sancti.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
especially if you knew his roots as a comedian.
absolutely...............he rocks

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Chopper is grouse......uncle chop chop....grouse

but it turned out to be a rather good movie nothing to unbelievably stupendis but its quite good

Eric Banner is great in it and it has made the real chopper some sort of cult hero which is a shame as he isn't a nice person. I haven't read his books but have heard from people who have that they are just ok but because of his high profile they sell well.
Eric Banner is also a good comedian and at one time had his own tv show.

that would be eric BANA

and how do you know that Mark "Chopper" Read is not a good person?? he's a criminal, yes, but do you know what his crimes were?? he has written 9 books about himself and his "adventures" and now writes children's books, read at least one before you form an opinion...Mark Read was a "cult hero" of sorts many years before the movie was made

[/my two cents]

Yes he was a criminal who did do some awful things to people without any remorse at all, yes he has done his time and I appreciate that. I have read a lot about him Before the movie came out, and hey I have visited many jails with a lawyer friend of mine and they are all inocent or they down play their crimes, I am Sure that chopper would not like to think of himself as a bad guy but one who was justified in doing what he did because of many reasons from ? abuse or bad chilhood etc. I think he is a clasic Psychopath they can con anyone as they have a very nice side to them and can be evil at the same time. I know he writes Children's books all I said was that he is not a great writer. Because he writes children books makes him a nice person everyone is doing it now eg Madonna,Fergie,Jamie lee curtis and friends of mine but that doesn't mean they are good sorry if we don't agree but that is how I see it.

don't be apologetic because we don't agree...opinions are gold....your two cents plus my two cents makes us all richer

That's cool, know that resistance is futile and I could be assimilated Ha Ha

Watching a movie now with Eric Banner in it called Nugget, no belly laughs but quite Quirkey and enjoying it.

i LOVED the nugget...lotto was my favourite

I must become Caligari..!
Hmmm. Well i didnt Love but it was ok.
Bana was great for realy his first feature lenght film (had a Small Part In "The Castle)

Althought 60% of the movie was complete Bull**** (Lies). it was still ok.

p.s
His books are also a load of Bull****

p.p.s
The nugget was great
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally posted by Hondo333
Hmmm. Well i didnt Love but it was ok.
Bana was great for realy his first feature lenght film (had a Small Part In "The Castle)

Althought 60% of the movie was complete Bull**** (Lies). it was still ok.

p.s
His books are also a load of Bull****

p.p.s
The nugget was great
When you say Bull***t are you talking about Chopper, if so how do you know very interested

I must become Caligari..!
The things that happens in the movie (and his books)a lot of it is made up.

My best freind's dad used hangaround with his (Choppers) buddies.

If my memory serves me wright he once said that his books were not intierley honset