NFL Off Season newsy type stuff

Tools    

The rumor was that most of the balls were deflated about 2 pounds below. It turns out one ball was, and the others were deflated more like 1 or 1.5 pounds below. This small discrepancy is supposed to have turned the entire country against them unfairly? This is supposed to explain such a tidal wave of public opinion everywhere that isn't populated by Patriots fans?

The rumor was that most of the balls were deflated about 2 pounds below. It turns out one ball was, and the others were deflated more like 1 or 1.5 pounds below. This small discrepancy is supposed to have turned the entire country against them unfairly? This is supposed to explain such a tidal wave of public opinion everywhere that isn't populated by Patriots fans?
But with the ideal gas law, it wasn't even close to 11 of 12 balls at least 2 pounds below, plus the league office sent a letter to the Patriots with a false reading. Why would the NFL allow false information to get out, allowing it to look like tampering of the footballs most definitely happened? As it is now, you could say it's possible, but the NFL let this story go wild. The whole thing should've been hushed until they knew exactly what they were dealing with. They talk about integrity but they allow false information to be spread for months. It just doesn't add up.

What do you mean "allow"? You seem to be implying that the NFL deliberately leaked false numbers to scandalize people, even though they don't have a clear incentive to do so. Far more likely than some kind of inept PR conspiracy is that someone simply relayed the nominal readings from the lower gauge. I think it's wildly implausible to suggest that this completely duped the majority of fans.

The ideas that the NFL was inept and that the Patriots probably cheated are not mutually exclusive, so it's hard to see the focus on the former as anything other than kicking up dust. And indeed, from what I can see the idea that both these things are true is the consensus view pretty much everywhere at all south or west of New England.

So sick and tired of hearing about Deflategate. If you ask me, we should be deflating the players. Those boys are too jacked up and ready to rumble. Cut down on the protein and maybe less workouts?

So sick and tired of hearing about Deflategate. If you ask me, we should be deflating the players. Those boys are too jacked up and ready to rumble. Cut down on the protein and maybe less workouts?
A kooky (but possibly genius) solution I've heard is to remove helmets. It sounds nuts at first, but people actually ease up a bit when they feel vulnerable, so sports like rugby can end up being a lot safer than football, where they're all padded and have the illusion of protection.

Wouldn't shock me if the NFL ended up having to do something like this in the next decade or two.

What do you mean "allow"? You seem to be implying that the NFL deliberately leaked false numbers to scandalize people, even though they don't have a clear incentive to do so. Far more likely than some kind of inept PR conspiracy is that someone simply relayed the nominal readings from the lower gauge. I think it's wildly implausible to suggest that this completely duped the majority of fans.

The ideas that the NFL was inept and that the Patriots probably cheated are not mutually exclusive, so it's hard to see the focus on the former as anything other than kicking up dust. And indeed, from what I can see the idea that both these things are true is the consensus view pretty much everywhere at all south or west of New England.
This became a big story when the false readings were released, readings that never existed, and they never reported that the readings were inaccurate. Plus, they sent a letter to the Patriots with the wrong reading. How does that happen? And you can make a connection between the NFL's ineptitude and/or maliciousness, to the allegations.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Cam Newton's contract.

This one is really scary. In this day and age, you seem to pay based on what the alternative is.

Being a Panther's fan, he's not top ten and I see a Flacco effect after he gets paid.

Most pro athletes are pretty stupid. The ones we think of as stupid are the ones who don't have enough people reigning in how often they speak their mind.

Cam got his contract. Just a matter of seeing what the guarantee is.

I have to return some videotapes.
Reports are that Geno Smith tried to throw a punch back but it landed 10 yards out of bounds

Hopefully, Sheldon Richardson drove him to the ER.

Todd Bowles wouldn't comment on the nature of, but said it was extremely childish. Reports are that Geno was sticking his finger in the guy's face.

Guy gets his jaw broken and the b-roll ESPN shows is nothing but him throwing picks.