'We Continue to Learn and Evolve': AMC Addresses the Dune 2 Bucket

Tools    

https://www.cbr.com/amc-dune-2-popcorn-bucket/

Ever since it was announced in late January, the collectible Dune: Part Two popcorn bucket has gone viral for its questionable resemblance to an X-rated product. Elizabeth Frank, the Chief Content Officer at AMC Theaters, has apologized for the controversial product.

In an interview with Variety, Frank addressed the elephant in the room when asked about the company's push for collectible popcorn buckets. "Some fans are collectors," Frank said. "There’s another group of people who are specific film fans, buying three different Ghostbusters products. It’s all a mix. It’s a material part of our food and beverage business, but it’s not the majority of it. It also makes the movies more fun. It’s like going home from a concert with a T-shirt. There is a lot of creative energy from it. We continue to learn and evolve. We would have never imagined the Dune thing.We would have never created it knowing it would be celebrated or mocked."

The Dune: Part Two popcorn bucket was based on the appearance of the monstrous sandworms that occupy the franchise. Moviegoers were meant to put their hands inside the lid that's shaped like a sandworm's mouth, whenever they yearned for popcorn during the movie. However, as many social media users online have hilariously noticed, the mouth-like appearance of the bucket evokes the image of a Not-Safe-For-Work item. Even Denis Villeneuve, the director behind the recent Dune films, was flabbergasted by the movie's tie-in product.

Even though the Dune: Part Two popcorn bucket was mocked online, many social media X users are disappointed over AMC's comments regarding the collectible. Many believe the controversy was anything but a hindrance for Dune: Part Two and want to see more outrageous tie-in products like it. Others are also having a chuckle over the dire tone towards a popcorn bucket.

They knew darn well what they were doing with that bucket and couldn't be happier it went viral. They just can't say that openly

I'll just leave this here
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	GHjBOKxawAAB19P.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	98438  

Really??? Really???? And, yeah, everything on the planet that longer than it is wide is another "reference" to something adult. My next "really???" would be to look at what the DUNE thing really looks like, which is the mouth of a Lamprey (a fairly vile, slimy, aquatic creature; look it up), and tell me that you'd want to do THAT with a lamprey. Somebody needs a life.

They had to make it more voluminous so they could fit in enough popcorn.

I think Americans should start distributing chastity belts for every container with any kind of opening.
That will just create a bigger market for chastity belt lock picks

That will just create a bigger market for chastity belt lock picks

Or people could just graduate to the next logical step and introduce their popcorn intravenously. No more need for messy bag orifices of any kind.

I think Americans should start distributing chastity belts for every container with any kind of opening.
The problem with chastity belts is that you alert the belted person to what they're missing, kinda like how the puritans were obsessed with sin.