ok i reely need help here...

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yes and no B-card. I don't know why I've become so attached to helpin this kid out, but I don't think that he should rush it. Somethin that you could try Randal, is asking her one simple question, "Do you want to go out and get something to eat?", or "Do you want to go watch a movie?"

Make your move then, don't ask her out right away though. Let her warm up to you a little bit. If she's not feeling you, you'll be able to tell.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Randal Graves
ok thanks...ill do that ^^^

ill try it 2moro i guess

Hey man, quick question. What sort of contact have you had with her so far? Have you even talked to her, because in my experience breaking the ice is the hardest part. Look for commonalities starting with class, ask her how she likes the teacher etc...

If you get the impression that she’s blowing you off then politely excuse yourself and go talk to someone else. If she smiles coyly and looks at you with the "half a head of hair in her eyes" look, be polite and do the same thing.

I know I am going to catch hell for saying this but here goes... both women and men want the unattainable, especially at your age. Whatever you do DON'T be super-available especially at the early stages of getting to know her. The old saying about absence is oh so true, I guarantee that if you get too close too fast you will 1.) Freak her out and scare her off, or 2.) Become a "best friend."

Although option 2 IS NOT a bad thing at all (I have and always had many female friends, most of which were born of attempts to date them) having good friends of any gender is always good, but that is not your goal here.

Most of all take it slow and be “just nice enough” as not to be creepy.

Good luck man!
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

ive had some contact with her...we've talked a couple of times during french class like during work or sumthin...but thats about it

i tried to do it 2day...but failed...i got my self metally ready to go through with it then all day i cudnt find her...i only saw her in class but i didnt wanna talk to her infront of so many ppl

2moro i have a better chance becuz her last class is near mine so we generally go the same way and last time i saw her go that way she was alone so ill talk to her then...

i wish you the best of luck, before the great encounter, take a deep breath, listen to some soothing music and stay down to earth. You'll be able t do it.

And do check my "art": Deviant

i was ready to ask her out...but everytime 2day i saw her she was with too many people...im gonna wait until i find her alone

that is a good idea, when shes with her friend she might feel embarresed (or some stupid people will even feel pressure to turn you down) get her for you alone, got for it!

ok im really confused now...i just found out that there is this gurl in my trans tech class who has a crush on me...her friend told me but i dont know who she is lol...i dont know wat to do lol

rhymes with Goebbels
Originally Posted by Randal Graves
ok im really confused now...i just found out that there is this gurl in my trans tech class who has a crush on me...her friend told me but i dont know who she is lol...i dont know wat to do lol
pics plz!

All I have to say is: Let loose dude, you are so unsure of what to do that when you do do something you will stumble and seem weak. Be strong and go for it , if you fail, so what? Get a grip and hold on to it.

Another quick thing, DON'T under any circumstances ask her out on a one on one date! Make it a group thing, or go out with another couple, this way there will be adequate enough space to get to know each other without seeming forced to. Grab a friend or two and head to the park, especially near the center of town where there are lots of people. shops etc. or the mall, somewhere where she feels likes she isn't forced into awkward conversation.

The mall, you might ask? Yeah, I always thought that was a good place to sort of feel someone out. There are lots of potential conversation starters, usually at least one bookstore (great for finding out what she’s in to, just head to the magazine rack and see what she picks up) a food court, card shop etc... Be nice, let her go first when entering the stores pull out her chair for her etc... Believe it or not people in general, not just women, appreciate a little courtesy and kindness.

By the end of the date you should have a better idea where her head is at and whether it is somewhere you want to be.

The park as an alternate is definitely one you need a group for, taking a girl alone to the park on the first "date" brings to mind images of "stalker." Good luck man!

the thing is: you want an easygirl or you want a work for it? Maybe she turn out to be cool and better than the one you have a crush on? Get to know them both.

I like Othelo's idea here!

Originally Posted by Othelo
Another quick thing, DON'T under any circumstances ask her out on a one on one date! Make it a group thing, or go out with another couple, this way there will be adequate enough space to get to know each other without seeming forced to. Grab a friend or two and head to the park, especially near the center of town where there are lots of people. shops etc. or the mall, somewhere where she feels likes she isn't forced into awkward conversation.

The mall, you might ask? Yeah, I always thought that was a good place to sort of feel someone out. There are lots of potential conversation starters, usually at least one bookstore (great for finding out what she’s in to, just head to the magazine rack and see what she picks up) a food court, card shop etc... Be nice, let her go first when entering the stores pull out her chair for her etc... Believe it or not people in general, not just women, appreciate a little courtesy and kindness.

By the end of the date you should have a better idea where her head is at and whether it is somewhere you want to be.

The park as an alternate is definitely one you need a group for, taking a girl alone to the park on the first "date" brings to mind images of "stalker." Good luck man!

spud i didnt know you were back?

Originally Posted by VeronicaJ
the thing is: you want an easygirl or you want a work for it? Maybe she turn out to be cool and better than the one you have a crush on? Get to know them both.
i cant get to know a gurl who i dont know who she is...her friend told me...but she never showed me who she is or told me if shes in any of my classes lol

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
spud i didnt know you were back?
Yup, I'm back. Feels good to be back too!!

Randal, ask tomorrow who she is. Get this girl pointed out so you can know if she's worth going after, or if the girl you have a crush on is more important.

Just because a girl is not in any of your classes (that you know of) doesn't mean it wouldn't work out for you. To be honest, it would actually work better, you wouldn't have that distraction.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Here I am, a 45-year-old mother of four, and I'm following this thread like it's my favorite soap opera. I am so anxious to hear how this all turns out!

Lots of good advice here, Randal. And yes, girls LOVE courtesy and gentlemanly behavior. Don't let the feminists tell you we don't! It's not rude for a guy to hold open a door. To me it shows respect and kindness.

As for the first question, I definitely like the "group" idea. Is there somewhere you can invite her where there will be other friends/peers? Like: "Hey, I'm going to this party at X's house this weekend. Would you like to go with me?" or "A few of us are going to see X movie this weekend. I would love for you to come along with us...."

I think it helps to go into this making it clear that the short-term goal is friendship and getting to know each other. My husband and I "met" on the internet and when we finally met in person, we were clear that it was just so we could make friends. That took all the pressure off, and I got to know him slowly. If he had tried to be romantic on the first date (or for the first eight months!), I would have backed off REALLY fast because I didn't really "get" him or his sense of humor and didn't even like him much.

It wasn't until we had been hanging out as friends for about eight months that I realized all the things I really liked about him. It had all crept up on me really slowly over time ... mainly because I never felt any pressure to be more than friends, so I gave him a "second chance," so to speak.

Keep us posted!!