Have you ever applauded at the end of a movie?

Tools    

I wished the buck stopped here
Never been in a cinema where the film got applause. But us Brits are a bit shy........
As for Titanic, it recently got voted worst film of all time on Film 2003 (Uk TV program). I hate it personally, but surely some of the people who voted for it as the worst movie ever, actually own it!!!

I have though been to films where the audience claps and such, and I am so confused as to why they would even do so.
I saw sixth sense opening week cause my girlfriend wanted to go see it and people clapped at the end, that always confused the hell out of me.

The only movie i ever appluaded for was Blow, i love this movie.

Originally Posted by geeWcee
Never been in a cinema where the film got applause. But us Brits are a bit shy........
As for Titanic, it recently got voted worst film of all time on Film 2003 (Uk TV program). I hate it personally, but surely some of the people who voted for it as the worst movie ever, actually own it!!!
A lot of people who loved it say they've always hated it now because that's the chique thing to do. Like it's embarrassing to admit you ever liked it. I think it's ludicrous.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Everytime I go to see a Star Wars movie, the audience gives an applause, so I go along with the gang.

Star Wars I & II (it seemed good at the time) and Kill Bill Vol. 1.

That kinda thing don't happen round where I live, it just seems a stupid thing to do, who are you applauding?? The cinema for providing the film or the film-makers, who, unless they are there, they can't hear you

Originally Posted by Philmster
That kinda thing don't happen round where I live, it just seems a stupid thing to do, who are you applauding?? The cinema for providing the film or the film-makers, who, unless they are there, they can't hear you
If it's a really good movie...I say give it a round of applause, whether it's absolutely stupid looking or not.

It justs makes minus sense. Do you applaud when you watch a great film at home? If not, why not?

It justs makes minus sense. Do you applaud when you watch a great film at home? If not, why not?
Damn, you've got me. I've yet to applaud a movie at home. I walked right in to that one, didn't I?

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Never thought of that either. Good one

I can understand applauding at a festival or screening or premiere, maybe, but not an average showing.

After the film, I either get up immediately and leave or sit for a bit, and take it all in, then leave, I rarely stay for the full credits and I never applaud

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
A lot of people who loved it say they've always hated it now because that's the chique thing to do. Like it's embarrassing to admit you ever liked it. I think it's ludicrous.
I think this is true, and I think the same thing happened with the new Star Wars movies. When I saw them in theaters the audiences were going crazy, and at the end everyone applauded for both. I saw them both twice in theaters with the same people, and now I still enjoy both movies, but those same people that saw them 2 times with me all say they don't like them. So I always say if you didn't like it then why go again? They never have an answer.

There's bound to be someone who does. That same person that kicks off the applauding in the cinema probably.

i clapped at finding nemo but i seen it at a huge cinema where some people started clapping and then everyone started like a ripple up through the seats.

i aplauded at the end of Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, Kill Bill, Mystic river, American Splendor, A christmas story (Jokingly), and Two Towers

no its kinda dumb applauding at the end of the movie.
would u stand up from u`r coach at home and applaude the movie?

Been there, said that....

Each time I am on a premiere or on a day before the premiere, There is always some people who applause, so do I ? Yes! I fallow the fellow! It's a little bit ridiculous!! Who's applause! the cast, the crew, but do they hear ? I don'T think so, unless you are at the world premiere and that all of them are in the crowd!

I have never applauded at an ordinary screening.

I did at a special screening of a Peter Weir Movie, He was there, he took questions about the movie after, so he was able to hear the applause.

I went with a friend to see "Titanic", it was a huge old theater, packed, when it finished, some woman up the back was clapping and shouting out "Bravo", she was the only one, soon after my friend and myself met up with an old friend of mine, she was telling us that she had just been to see "Titanic" and how much she loved it, just then I knew!, I said to her, "it was you, wasn't it, making an idiot of yourself clapping and shouting, she replied "yes" and we all laughed,