Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

See Emily’s 2 dresses at the Golden Globes above to see why I said she’s sometimes not the best dresser. @SeeingisBelieving

The only one I've seen is this grey number, which I quite like because of the intricate designs and patterns, and the negative shapes. That said, it looks like movement doesn't agree with it – it works when still but here you can see it bunching up around the top of the leg:

The only one I've seen is this grey number, which I quite like because of the intricate designs and patterns, and the negative shapes. That said, it looks like movement doesn't agree with it – it works when still but here you can see it bunching up around the top of the leg:

The top is okay, but the bottom is horrible. Here’s the other dress I mentioned. BTW, the pink dress you like is now dubbed the “vagina dress”.

Here’s the other dress I mentioned.
Yeah, that's not as good. When I saw it I was thinking Americana – maybe deriving from a dress of the late Nineteenth century.

Well, Stirchley once invited me to post some of my picks of fashions for men here. And since Yoda recently asked for advice about picking out a proper suit , I thought I'd post a few timeless options on this timeless thread.

As I've stated, I am partial to the style of the classic 3 piece suit. So, following are a few suits that any man could be proud and happy to take home -(and needless to say, a few men that any woman could be proud to take home. And happy, if not ecstatic. )

First off, the always stylish Dylan McDermott

Next, a man who doesn't often wear a suit , especially when he's scrambling around the jungle. But Harrison Ford, as the old school Professor Jones, never seems to go out of style for me.

For some men, the classic dark suit is not always a necessity. And in the case of Steve McQueen, a lighter grey pattern can be quite dapper. This one's especially for @Stirchley, who I believe is some kind of modest fan of the man. ( I can stop any time - really I can lol)

And this last post ( for now) is just about as stylish as a man can be
( Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh )

Daniel Craig, who's also been known to look good in a bathing suit

Love this silk & mohair scarf from Burberry, but not the ridiculous price of $472. I literally could knit this scarf.

Never seen so many appalling outfits as this year’s Oscar red carpet dresses. Not a single dress & ensemble stood out as perfect, but this Valentino dress, though unusual, was my favorite. Helen Mirren also looked nice.

The yellow dress is not bad, but it’s a very hard color to wear with pale skin.

Here are just some of the worst outfits. I could have posted more.

Sarah Paulson is a joke!

Two women who nailed it at the Vanity Fair after-party at the Oscars. This is how it’s done. Alessandra Ambrosio & Kate Bosworth.

That is a nice ensemble.

Glenn Close's outfit above is certainly interesting but comes over as a stage costume with regal overtones (Queen Gertrude perhaps?).

I'll post my favourites tomorrow .

I'm not as big a fan of pink as Stirchley is, but I thought Julia Roberts looked absolutely lovely and gorgeous ( and pretty in pink)

Glenn Close's outfit above is certainly interesting but comes over as a stage costume with regal overtones (Queen Gertrude perhaps?)
It’s a very safe outfit. Would be ideal for mother-of-the-bride at a posh evening wedding.

I'm not as big a fan of pink as Stirchley is, but I thought Julia Roberts looked absolutely lovely and gorgeous ( and pretty in pink)
Julia didn’t walk the red carpet so I didn’t see her outfit until later. She did look nice, but nothing special. What a lot of people don’t realize is that at the Oscars you have to go big or go home.