Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

In the Beginning...
I was so incredibly against Man Of Steel before it came out, yet it surprised me and I've become a solid fan over the past couple years after giving it a few rewatches.
That's interesting. I had the opposite reaction. I was giddy about the movie because the tone of the marketing felt just so right. Somber, nostalgic, hopeful. And then the movie came out and certainly some of that was in there, but the final third turned out to be a loud, complicated, destructive, overblown mess. I've still only seen Man of Steel just the one time.

I know it gave a good bit away did the last trailer but sometimes you gotta in order to make people want to see movies . Star Wars doesn't nee allot too reel fans in. They ofcourse will complain later as always which is the norm for Trek and SW fans. If you cannot get pumped seeing Superman WW and Batman in ne money shot then you have no soul. The Trailer does not show the whole fight just that lex create s a monster which is what Lex does.

Madness is the emergency exit…
Only thing I'm assuredly curious to see is how Ben Affleck plays Batman.
Same here. Though I think as this was a huge challenge for him, so he gave his best shots to portray the character reasonably but still I'm little worried not only because Ben playing Bat (as I still think there were/are better actors to play the role) but also overall how interestingly Snyder & his team made & put the character along with other major league members. It'll be disappoint to see if BATMAN doesn't come close to as badass & intelligent like the way even the JL animated series portrayed him.

The same thing will happen in Civil War. That's one of the big flaws with comic books movies, how with the existence of team ups and shared universes no matter how crazy a plot gets everything needs to go back to normal in the last 20 minutes so that the next movies can exist normally. In both films the rival heros will get back together at the end of the second act and destroy a (most likely) uninteresting villain that's had basically no screen time in the third act.
I don't think it's the right time to say that also applicable for CIVIL WAR...as there's a good chance to see someone dies at the end of CW (considering the original story) and I hope Marvel going to do that as that's where Civil War going to beat BvS in terms of emotional appeal of finally losing a popular hero.

The new trailer reeks of desperation. This whole movie does. Marvel has been running laps around DC in the cinema world for years now, which has Warner Bros. rushing to catch up. They know they don't have the luxury of time to develop the Justice League, but what they do have is the opportunity to put Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in a film together—an important moment that's too long overdue.

The problem is we're two weeks out from The Force Awakens, perhaps the most anticipated film ever. With the Civil War trailer also dropping recently, it seems Warner Bros. got desperate for a reveal that would blow people's minds and shift attention back to their movie. Unfortunately, they've given away too much. (It doesn't help that Doomsday looks no better than Abomination from the 2008 Hulk film.)

I just don't understand how Warner Bros. keeps failing to get this right. Don't be reactive to Marvel and don't double down on bad CGI. Get back to why people love these characters and let that guide the way.
Yeah, this is the part I most agree with. I'm not quite as down on this whole thing as some people, but I definitely think they're trying to cram way too much into just one movie, because they're playing universe-building catch-up. Doing Batman vs. Superman to reboot the former while continuing the latter is a clever way to speed things up, especially since there's a lot of comic history there, but adding Wonder Woman and Aquaman and a couple of villains is just too much.

What Marvel's done has worked because they took their time, and they were able to take their time because their first commitment was to making each individual movie good enough to stand on its own.
That's interesting. I had the opposite reaction. I was giddy about the movie because the tone of the marketing felt just so right. Somber, nostalgic, hopeful. And then the movie came out and certainly some of that was in there, but the final third turned out to be a loud, complicated, destructive, overblown mess. I've still only seen Man of Steel just the one time.
Ditto, Ditto & Ditto...totally agree.

Without even this last (2nd) trailer, people's anticipation to see the trinity for the very first time on big screen going to draw a huge crowd into the theater. WB really didn't need to be so desperate that within a week they needed to release a clip and such an extended trailer one after another when there is still more than 3 months left to release the movie. I've/had a mixed bag feelings about BvS but that doesn't mean I won't go to the theater to watch it. Whatever great or crap the movie turned out or reviews going to say before me, I'm still looking forward to see what WB/Snyder did with this golden opportunity to bring DC back in the game. Now, look what actually this last trailer able to did so far...nothing but dividing the fans in the very base of their huge anticipation that was at its pick or much higher before the release of this 2nd/3rd trailer.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
In what universe is this interesting?
in what universe did I say it was interesting? Not that I think otherwise, you have something against superhero movie fights?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
They ofcourse will complain later as always which is the norm for Trek and SW fans.

Like, when am I going to be able to buy the original trinity on blu ray, the same cut as shown in theater, sans any cgi hootwah.

I still have my VHS box set...until it disintegrates.

I'm going to treat this like Ep VII and just avoid everything from here until it comes out. But yeah, I slipped and saw Doomsday and the first thing I thought was the Abomination.

How movies like Moon (yeah I know, apples to oranges) get made for no money, with such immersive and effective fx, but you can't get comic book stuff right.

Necessity being the mother and all, they need to make the visual effects people work harder on these comic movies. They all can't be GotG .

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Yeah, this is the part I most agree with. I'm not quite as down on this whole thing as some people, but I definitely think they're trying to cram way too much into just one movie, because they're playing universe-building catch-up. Doing Batman vs. Superman to reboot the former while continuing the latter is a clever way to speed things up, especially since there's a lot of comic history there, but adding Wonder Woman and Aquaman and a couple of villains is just too much.

What Marvel's done has worked because they took their time, and they were able to take their time because their first commitment was to making each individual movie good enough to stand on its own.
I agree and in a perfect world where huge companies are not chasing profit we would get a proper development.

But at the same time I don't agree about too many characters. Aquaman is a cameo.

you have something against superhero movie fights?
I have something against superhero fights who have power in their eyesight equivalent or exceeding that of atomic weapons (in addition to other powers).

It seems "BvS" might end the same way or even worse than "Man of Steel". I'm going to watch the movie anyway, but my expectations are low.

I have something against superhero fights who have power in their eyesight equivalent or exceeding that of atomic weapons (in addition to other powers).

It seems "BvS" might end the same way or even worse than "Man of Steel". I'm going to watch the movie anyway, but my expectations are low.
I'm with you on that - given all of the characters they're cramming in, I think they really should've just made this the first Justice League movie.

And made Batman vs Superman into a separate movie. They could just treat Batman as an already established character and make BvS the prequel. Seems like they're just trying to catch up to Marvel and rushing things too much.

The recent trailer is extremely kick ass and awesome. With all the talk about the sneak peek of Supes exposing Bats being a dream sequence, it all makes sense. Since Superman never acts like that, it might be just Batman/Wayne's interpretation of the man of steel. Due to what he and Zod caused.

You're right. For all we know, he's a skinny twig like that Lex Luthor guy.

That's going to be the twist. It's so hot in there. His Batsuit doubles as a weight loss machine. At the end of the film, he'll come out of it anorexic. The sequel is going to be about his fight with food.