MGM puts 'Rocky VI' in ring!

Tools    

I find this on Hollywood Reporter.com

"The long-rumored "Rocky VI" is one step closer to fighting its way to the big screen. MGM is nearing a final deal with Sylvester Stallone to write, star in and produce another installment of the Academy Award-winning franchise. But unlike most Hollywood franchises that see each installment grow in size, scope and budget, the new "Rocky" will return the franchise to its indie-style roots. The original 1976 film rang in at a budget just north of $1 million and went on to gross more than $220 million worldwide. Sources close to MGM say that -- given the right script -- the studio and Stallone hope to continue that trend with a "Rocky VI" budgeted in the $10 million-$15 million range. The story line for "Rocky VI" would find Stallone as a 50-year-old Rocky Balboa who is now at work running a youth center. He is lured out of retirement from the ring for one last fight."

All I can say is................

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

*pisses pants from excitement*

OMG! This REEKS of awesomeness! I don't care what the Razzie people say, or what other nay sayers say. This RULES!

First the Rocky video game, now this. I am to happy for words. This has made my day.

For those of you who do not know, I am like the biggest Rocky fan you will ever meet. So this is a dream come true for me. I can't wait. [Course, I've been waiting for 12 years, so I guess I can wait.]

But I have been hearing rumors about this for three years now. And now, it's finally true. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Wow.....first Hulk Hogan returns to the WWE, now my other childhood hero is coming back.

I have been hearing rumors about "Rocky 6" for three years now, and all I keep hearing is that MGM won't put down the big bucks to make it. So they have finally decided to give Sly the money to make it? Awesome.

Really, MGM said before that they won't give Stallone the money until he can prove he is still a big movie draw. But really, "Rocky" and "Rambo" are what made Stallone famous. By letting him make another "Rocky" movie and maybe even another "Rambo," he will be a draw again and bring in the cash, since those are timeless characters and have always been very popular.

But even if this movie does bomb, I think it will do well for the first few weeks since I am sure many people will see it for nostalgic purposes.

And being a blind Rocky fan, I know I will love it.

A whole new generation of kids and teens will get to meet the "Rocky Balboa" character for the first time. About time they see what a real hero is all about I say.

I am curious to see how an older Rocky Balboa character interacts with people and what he thinks of this the about to be 2003 world since the character has always been old-school, even in the 70's.

Shoot, if they can make a trillion sequels to the "Halloween" movies and the "Friday the 13th" movies, and the "Star War" movies....why not another sequel to "Rocky"? It's not like that franchise wasn't as big as those other flicks.

Really, I think the new era of movie making has just gone down badly. Which is why new characters and movies cannot be created. Because they suck compared to the classics. So therefore, the vets have no choice but to bring back the legends. Heck, they were a draw once, why can't they now?

Seriously folks, give "Rocky 6" a chance before you judge it. Stallone admits "Rocky V" was bad [even though I liked it]....so I think he will try very hard this time to please the fans.

I think Stallone realizes that this was a blessing from God here and he will not take it for granted. Just like he had only one chance with the first "Rocky" movie to make it into the big time, this is his only chance to be re-born again and make a big comeback with "Rocky VI".

I have no doubt that some people will dislike it, and some won't even give it a chance. But I think we are all in for a big surprise here.

Anyway, I can't wait for it to come out. I'll be there when it opens, and I will see it ten freakin' times probably.

The Itallion Stallion, Rocky Balboaaaaaaa is back!

adriaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Everything you said was pretty much right there.

We're both fanatics of Rocky and Hulk Hogan!

One thing though...

I'M THE BIGGEST ROCKY FAN EVER!!!

EVER!!!

ROCKY 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read that there is also going to be a fourth addition to the Mad Max movies.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm going to have see a trailer or a bit of the script before I get hyped up for this. After the horrible 5th installment I'm not sure Rocky has much left in him.

I'll be happy to see Burt Young as Paulie again though.

Paulie's the coolest. They should make a movie just about him.

"I don't sweat you!"

"Alright, I'm gonna break yo mouth!"

Classic.