LOTR: The Two Towers

Tools    

Having read all three books, the first of the trilogy, was absolutly amazing, 13 nominations, winning only 4, was b.s., it was far better than a beautiful mind, LOTR, deserved best picture, and best director, no other filmmaker could have done the job Peter Jackson did, by far no oher filmmaker, I cannot wait for the other films, any body who says that the LOTR was too boring, or anything negative, doesn't know a good film when they see one

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This promo looks really cool. I was kinda let down by the slow pace of The Fellowship of the Ring, and the anti-climactic "To be continued" ending, but I do want to see how it turns out. maybe this one will help me like the first one more. I still wish Peter Jackson would do Bad Taste II , or at least put Heavenly Creatures on DVD! (That is his best movie in my humble O....)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
I still wish Peter Jackson would do Bad Taste II
Oy, vey. Be interesting, though, wouldn't it?

BTW, did you know that Bad Taste is out on DVD? I had no idea until I saw it the other day in Best Buy. 'Twill be on my list, especially as I have, unfortunately, the VHS with the "extra finger" cover. It only set me back two dollars, though, so I shouldn't complain.

There are two versions of the R1 Bad Taste DVD (streeted back in November of 2001). If you're gonna pop for it anyway, get the two-disc set which has a good making-of documentary where you get to see exactly how no-budget the whole production was, and to me is nearly as entertaining as Bad Taste itself.

Get the Forgotten Silver DVD while you're at it too. One of the best mockumentaries ever made.

One of the many good things about the success of LOTR is Peter Jackson's old stuff is finally getting released and marketed everywhere.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was hoping we could talk about the Man, the Omnipotent Master of Space & Time (No matter what Holden says), JRR Tolkien ( ). If you have never read any of the books out of the Series, you HAVE to!! They are very good.

I have edited this post due to drunken stalkers. I hope I have not offended anyone. Enjoy your flickershow site.

Originally posted by Gracie
I was hoping we could talk about the Man, the Omnipotent Master of Space & Time (No matter what Holden says), JRR Tolkien ( ). If you have never read any of the books out of the Series, you HAVE to!! And if you think their too hard for you, just read The Hobbit! My 8 year-old sister Hope read almost all of it. I'm sure you'll like it.
Thanks for the heads-up on the books, Gracie, but I've put off reading them until the rest of the films come out. They're very definitely on my list, though.

BTW, on a few other message boards, I write "Love, Peace, & Turkey Grease" at the end of every post. Should I do it here, too?
I say, go right ahead.

There are two versions of the R1 Bad Taste DVD (streeted back in November of 2001). If you're gonna pop for it anyway, get the two-disc set which has a good making-of documentary where you get to see exactly how no-budget the whole production was, and to me is nearly as entertaining as Bad Taste itself.
Luckily, the limited edition two-discer is the one I saw and hid behind a bunch of copies of Kate and Leopold. It shouldn't be going anywhere until I rescue it on Friday.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Treebeard, leader of the Ents and the oldest creature in Middle-Earth. Anyone else thinks he looks cool as hell, not to mention perfect for what he's supposed to convey?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	treebeard.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	433  

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Gracie
I was hoping we could talk about the Man, the Omnipotent Master of Space & Time (No matter what Holden says), JRR Tolkien ( ). If you have never read any of the books out of the Series, you HAVE to!! And if you think their too hard for you, just read The Hobbit! My 8 year-old sister Hope read almost all of it. I'm sure you'll like it.
I did like the Hobbit, but I found the rest of the books endlessly dull. Whole chapters of Fellowship just rambled along with no plot action and just described trees or roads. YAWN. I had to stop after that.

Oh, and that TreeBeard pic is pretty cool. "How'd you like it if someone picked YOUR apples?!?" I'm Kidding, of course. Is he supposed to be a tree, or just a guy that looks like a tree, and is that going to be in one of the movies?

To my dear old Gracie:

Firstly they aren’t too hard for me I have read the hobbit twice (thanks to film fr3ak) secondly the only reason I haven’t read the rest of he series is because I don’t wont to ruin the movies for me, I will read the second part AFTER ive seen the movie that way I wont know what happens and if you would like to talk about JRR Tolkien I would be happy to comply to that wish.!!! As for you monkey she was talking to me!!!

And thirdly I believe your sign off would be slightly hmmmm how do I put this delicately ? stoopid j/k

Indeed.

Wait, did I just agree with a joke against me? Not cool Grace. Not cool at all. Just act smooth. Yeah, smooth.

Oh, I quite like that poster. Very good.
Needless to say that my favorite character in the book is Saruman, but still. Gotta love such a poster...

Both those posters were impressive, i think im getting tickets to go and see it for my birthday, finally ill be able to read the book as soon as ive seen it, that way i dont ruin the ending for myself.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Oh, I quite like that poster. Very good.
Needless to say that my favorite character in the book is Saruman, but still. Gotta love such a poster...
Who'd have thought it.

Both those posters were impressive, i think im getting tickets to go and see it for my birthday, finally ill be able to read the book as soon as ive seen it, that way i dont ruin the ending for myself.
Technically, Two Towers doesn't have an ending to be ruined, just a lot of middle.

Who'd have thought it.
I know. I'm full of suprises like that.