How you got into Star Wars

Tools    

Because what other awesome trilogy for Sci Fi lovers was they in the 80's besides the Star Trek movies that were considered bad.

I still haven't got into it yet. Where's the door?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	23362  

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
A midst all the hoopla, there was a run on the radio about people and their Star Wars experience. One angle was how families treated the movies and how they primed their children beforehand. Which movies and what order did they watch them in.

One loving, caring, thoughtful, beautiful woman replied, "We watched the first three and acted like the others never happened." Never a purer tear of joy, have I ever shed after I heard this.

my boyfriend made me watch it hahaha

The original Star Wars in 1977 was the first movie that my dad took me to. From that moment IO was hooked and have watched all of them when they were released since then. I have the same disappointment that a lot of people share with the prequels, but I still love the 'original 3' and also The Force Awakens that I watched last night.

How did I (literally) get into Star Wars? It opened on a Wednesday (1977-05-25) in 32 theatres, mainly on the West Coast. It then opened in eight more on the Thursday or Friday. I saw it in in one of these on the Friday (second evening showing) with a bunch of friends. There wasn't much of a lineup and we had our pick of seats.
Going in, none of us knew much about the movie, as there hadn't been any advertising yet, nor had there been any widely disseminated reviews. One of my friends saw someone he knew coming out of the first screening and asked him whether it was any good; the friend responded that the special effects were fantastic, but that it would have been better without a plot.

Had the video cassette amongst a huge collection of others (parents were big on films), after digging through it saw the cover for 'A New Hope'.

My entire love of the franchise started with a young me choosing to watch that film because of a certain space princess's revealing thigh.