An awesome short film

→ in
Tools    

First time poster - I saw this short Star Wars film called "George Lucas and I" the other day - it was very, very good - very clever!

The thing is, the guy who made this rocking film has another one up at ifilm.com - I want to just say that this film "Beautiful Lilly" really knocked me out. The music and the acting is superb - the whole thing was just...WOW! It is a truly beautiful film. Check it out here.

I assure you, it is very good. Check it out! Catch you guys later.

I assume the poster meant "Geroge Lucas in Love", which made the rounds of the Internet a couple years back and has been available on VHS and DVD for quite a while now (the VHS was Amazon.com's best-seller for over a month when it first hit the market).

It's a cute one-joke little fantasy project, showing the fictional everyday inspirations that may have led a college-age Lucas to the characters and situations in the trilogy, as in Shakespeare in Love.

I'm sure others here must have seen it by now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Nope, there actually is a short film called "George Lucas and I". It's about an Australian kid who makes no-budget Star Wars rip-off videos with his friends and supposedly crashes the Episode II wrap party to try and hand Lucas a copy of his film.

Compared to "George Lucas in Love" I thought it was kinda weak. "Lucas in Love" was a one-joke project, but at least it had a joke and followed it through. "Lucas and I" just kind of meanders along and it's not very imaginative. Pretty dull for something that's only 14 minutes long.

[Edited by Holden Pike on 10-30-2001]

Now With Moveable Parts
I've never understood the whole Star Wars craze. Someone should explain it to me one day.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
And it allowed crazy Star Trekkers an alternative during the summer. They could dress in funny clothes all they want.

I'm not big on short films, but have seen a couple before. Some are actually very good for being on such a small budget, and for being so short.
[Edited by spdrcr on 11-01-2001]
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
It marked the beginning of commerically rewarded crap.
Hardly. Star Wars marked the beginning of what has become a great tradition in action and adventure movies. Few things are as exciting as the final shot in the "A New Hope."

Now With Moveable Parts
Jeez...I just don't know. They're just movies. Like anything else. I think it has to do with the Sci-Fi nature of it. It gets those fantasy dwellers all riled up! I get excited about movies too...but you don't see me dressin up like Braveheart characters. Ya know?

I got a kick out of this when it happened. Back when Episode 1 opened up, the theater in my town showed the movie at 12:01am the day of its release, and a guy came dressed up like Obi-Wan I believe, anyways, he got his plastic light saber taken away. I was rolling. LOL

Now With Moveable Parts
See! That's what I'm saying. It's not about how great the movie is, it's about how crazy the fanatics are! They're crazy because they've always been that way...Fantasy People, I'm tellin ya, freaks of nature.

But when a movie of this caliber comes out, they are accepted by everyone simply because they make a living out of being weird. Just watch Ripley's now and then. LOL

Now With Moveable Parts
I don't want it to sound like I'm rippin' on Star Wars fans or trekkies or anything of that nature. I've met some interesting people, into that sort of thing, so...just a diclaimer here.