Terrible, Terrible Glitter

→ in
Tools    

It's almost sad how terrible Glitter is doing in the box office. But then again, everyone with popularity and money thinks they can make a movie, regardless of their acting skills or lack there of. I was noticing and laughing a bit how Glitter took in less money over its opening weekend (2.5 mil) than the month-old movie Rat Race, which premiered Aug 17, which took in about 3 mil this weekend. That's pretty sad and pathetic, but it has a humorous quality to it. Anyone hear anything about mariah carey being realeased from the hospital? Cause once she sees how her movie is doing, she is going to have to check back in.

W-H-A-T?!?! Are you trying to tell me a vanity project from a lightweight like Mariah Carey isn't any good, and furthermore nobody wants to even SEE the frippin' thing?!?

Next I suppose you'll have some brilliant insight like 'water is wet'?

Hope you don't mind: I ditched the capitals in the thread title (just easier to read), and moved this to a more appropriate forum. Everyone always posts stuff in the General Forum because it gets more attention there, but I guess over time people will come to post things in more relevant forums. Oh well, there are bigger problems to worry about, I'm sure.

Anyway, I have no intention of EVER seeing "Glitter," ever. Period. It's that simple. If someone offered me some money, I'd consider it, but I wouldn't waste my time on it otherwise, and I certainly wouldn't consider PAYING to see it. I've made a hobby out of predicting and studying modern Box Office results, and I predicted that "Glitter" would crash and burn...but even I didn't think it would be that bad! If you'd asked me, I would've guessed at least $4 million or so...but man, commerically, it was a bloody mess. That's gonna hurt Carey's stock in every way, when taking into consideration the fact that her new album doubles as the soundtrack for what is now OFFICIALLY a bomb.

Now With Moveable Parts
Usually a movie about a rock star or singer or musician or whatever,doesn't even get made unless that person died and had an interesting life or something.How presumptuious of Carey to think we'd even care about her stupid movie.What a wanna be Diva.She deserves a smack.I'd love to give her one...send her right back into her emotional breakdown!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Filthy Critic gave it 5 out of 5 fingers!!! That rarely happens.

Now With Moveable Parts
ooooh.that's scary.I'd hate to be her when all the backlash starts in.What was she thinkin?

Rock God
i dunno.. i don't want to be mr. negative, but mariah carey strikes me as one of those pompus, stuck-up, snotty diva types that i can't stand. i really don't care if her movie tanks.

This movie sucked. No doubt about it.. but I do have say I am a fan of Mariah atleast artistically. Well atleast her earliar stuff.. Overall the acting was butch, the plot predictable as hell if you could even call it a plot.. but seeing Mariah perform.. theres sumthing captivating about it.. when she sings is when I like her best. Obviously the film is not worth seeing it..but nonetheless mariah fans probaly have gone to see it. The only positive like i mentioned is mariah singing and performing.. the other.. hmm the first 5 mins got me crying.. cuz it was really sad.. then after that.. thats the only emotion it got.. until the end.. i realized i wasted money seeing it..