List of female directors TSPDT/S&S?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah, well I don't really care about the original 1st wave definition of the word when it comes to evaluating the present. In practice the hypocrisy is rampant and the greatest goal is to take away from white male (in Sweden some feminist organization did announce that they'd rather be raped by an immigrant than being saved by a "racist" white man - racist obviously being anyone who doesn't believe in uncontrolled mass immigration; #killallwhitemen; every vaginal penetration is rape; etc. ad nauseam).

Also there's lots of talk in this thread how we're still very far from 50/50 split on directors and producers. Equal opportunity does not mean equal quota - it means that regardless of sex the best candidate is chosen. There are very good reasons to expect that biological differences between sexes make one or the other more suitable for certain jobs so 50/50 split as a goal is almost guaranteed to be against equal opportunity. All forms of positive discrimination are working against equal opportunities.

I don't really want to fight over these matters in here (I've already done it on other places so I know that the arguments from either side don't chance the opinion of the other) so I try to stay away from this thread. Unfortunately I just couldn't stop myself from posting in the first place.

Peace & love
\Pahak, you keep saying you dont care for the term feminist. That's pretty clear so please stop using it because it makes you look a bit uneducated. Sarah f and I rex among a few have made great points so maybe give it another read. Female prducers and directors have to work twice as hard to be taken half as serious as men (just using the catch cry to see if it ruffles your feathers), and they're doing a great job at it as well. Not all female directors are good, and no one is claiming that just because they have a uterus they should be taken seriously and just automatically have a position handed to them with a tongue down the throat and a slap on the arse, except the militant crowd you seem to be talking about, whoever they are. That is not feminism. As I said, if it has to be changed so you need to know the difference then I propose the use of egalitarian which encompasses all and embraces diversity so there. And good grief, who are these hateful people claiming they'd rather be raped by anyone let alone make a slur about all minority groups just about. Maybe you should heal yourself by getting awway from those equally hateful male red pillers I ASSume you are hanging out with.It screams so much self hatred and waa waa waaa poor me it's just not funny.

Peace, love and happ[iness back atcha

Not to but in too much here, but this sounds really, really condescending.
It does a bit. Thanks for pointing that out. I do love my annoying nephews if that helps.

You all brush over the fact that all of Woody’s movies are about an older men with a young girl. All of them played by him. Then the allegations against him... yet a feminist making a feminist movie is a bad thing?
Who in the world here is defending Woody Allen? He and Roman Polanski can take a long walk off of a short pier as far as I am concerned.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I do love my annoying nephews if that helps.
Love you too, Aunt Mame!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Who in the world here is defending Woody Allen? He and Roman Polanski can take a long walk off of a short pier as far as I am concerned.
I see a lot of film enthousiasts who keep defending him. I was once in a Facebook group and they kept linking to this alt right film site that was actually hoping that Woody would win an award at Cannes so that all the 'forbidden word' leftists could eat their words, starve and die.
I get kinda nauseous when people say those things, so usually I try to avoid film forums. and when I see some top lists on here, I see a lot of Polanski.

Equal opportunity does not mean equal quota - it means that regardless of sex the best candidate is chosen.
and because of deep rooted socially constructed assumptions about innate characteristics of men and women, usually people will not deem women as the 'best candidate.'
So I'm glad you live in a sort of utopia where always the best candidate is chosen regardless of their sex or skin colour, but that's not how it works. We should arrive to a point where quotas aren't needed, first.

and when I see some top lists on here, I see a lot of Polanski.
I can't see how this has anything to do with what you said earlier. Do you suggest fans of his films will automatically defend him only based on their enamorment with his works?

I see a lot of film enthousiasts who keep defending him. I was once in a Facebook group and they kept linking to this alt right film site that was actually hoping that Woody would win an award at Cannes so that all the 'forbidden word' leftists could eat their words, starve and die.
I get kinda nauseous when people say those things, so usually I try to avoid film forums. and when I see some top lists on here, I see a lot of Polanski.
I know nothing of this, but both of these men sicken me to no end. I saw no mention of Woody Allen until you mentioned him. Please do not project unto others what they have not subscribed unto. Please do not project unto them any affiliation or adulation for those, Woody Allen and Polanski, who are so undeserving.

I can't see how this has anything to do with what you said earlier. Do you suggest fans of his films will automatically defend him only based on their enamorment with his works?
A lot of them not, maybe. but I know a lot of people think you should separate art from the artist even when the artist is a rapist. but that's another discussion.

A lot of them not, maybe. but I know a lot of people think you should separate art from the artist even when the artist is a rapist. but that's another discussion.
Is he really a rapist, though, or just a peadophile according to the law of the United States?

He was convicted of statutory rape
Yeah, I imagine even if he didn't rape her, but they somehow found out he's had sex with her, then it would still count as rape, because the law protects minors as "unable to judge" therefore even if there was consent, it would still count as rape.

Love you too, Aunt Mame!
Bless your lil cotton socks, Min!