New Stuff: User Moods

Tools    

As you've probably noticed, there's a little dropdown menu near the top of the Forum Home Page. This is your "Mood Menu." Here's the short of it: if you like, select a mood, and it'll show up on all your posts, and in your profile (the latter of which I'll throw together shortly). It's nothing particularly huge...just a small way to show everyone what kind of mood you're in. I thought some of you might dig it. Enjoy.

For a demo of what it looks like on your posts, just look to the far right of gray bar above this post.

I love this. Very cool.

Now With Moveable Parts
You're cool, Master. I love new little features! I chose the goofy setting for now...but it should automatically be set to randy; that's always a mood secondary to all other "surface" moods....randy runs deep baby!

Now With Moveable Parts
oh.

More stuff that only those with a little bit of geek inside them can appreciate:

The User Moods Page.

What's it do? Breaks down how everyone's feeling on one simple page, really. I had a lot of fun creating it and, personally, I think it rivals The Shoutbox in coolness. I'm diggin' it. Enjoy...and don't forget to choose a mood. It's more fun if everyone's in on it.

Totally. Pick your mood, MoFos!

Bleh, only 2.08% of all registered users have a mood selected. But most of the regulars do. I still love, love, love this feature. I guess it wouldn't have made sense before...because only now do we have people on here often enough to justify something as time-contingent as their mood.

Allow me to suggest an "aggressive" mood. Not the same thing as angry at all.

alright Sully, lets design one than! come to think of it, lets make a thread that people can post there designs of Smilies and moods, is that alright Chris?

If they want to, yeah...but making smilies is rather tough...so I imagine most would come out rather badly. I'll see if I can throw together an "aggressive" smilie...perhaps gritting it's teeth?

I'm thinking of something with narrowed eyes and a very firm mouth. Teeth-gritting would work, but there's a fine line between teeth-gritting and teeth-baring.....and teeth-baring is a little more "angry" than aggressive, in my book. Teeth-gritting can take place with closed lips and therefore would be pretty hard to feature on a smilie. Maybe an animation that has the eyes going from regular to narrowed.

I'm perfectly willing to do my own dirty work, though....what prog do you use to make smilies?

Oh, and before I forget. Can I call a review of Minority Report?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Review of Minority Report? I'm fine with it as long as Yoda is.

Send one of us your review and we can post it.

I tried drawing an angry smilie, but it came off as "cute" so I didn't think that was the right road to get on.

I'll try again later, was going for the rounded look like some of the smilies have (ie., ), but it didn't work.

My failed attempt was done in Paint Shop Pro 6
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg