30,000 Posts & Going Strong

Tools    

Hey, we hit 30,000 posts late last night, thanks to a few MoFo insomniacs. Thanks everyone for getting us to this point; it's amazing how well this site has come along. I was just telling Spud the other day how very weird it is...so many people tell me they love the site and are so glad that I decided to build it...and on the flip side, I'm just glad that people come here and enjoy themselves. It's been quite an experience so far and I have no plans of letting it end.

Thanks everyone; I really do appreciate it. I'll do my best to continue to improve things for you all, so that you won't regret your time spent here.

one thig thats weird about that is that we have like 20 regular posters and there are a few new join-ins every day, but the majority of them never post or post once.

another thing is why do the guests always view the printable versions of thread?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Maybe they're spies coming in and viewing the printable stuff so they can copy it over to their site and claim it as their own.

I don't know, I just made a wild guess there. I will say this though, Printable's are easier to read than the actual posts.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm not sure...but remember this: the majority of visitors are just interested in finding some information or checkin' stuff out. Not everyone likes the whole experience, so a printable version makes sense. And yeah, lots of members register and never post, or post once or twice. Oh well....it's a shame, but ALL forums have that problem. All of any significant size, at least.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
All that matter is in just under 2 years this site has reached 30,000 posts and is still going. Pretty good for a somewhat small site.

Actually it's been almost exactly 18 months. This site opened publicly on July 14th, if my memory serves me correctly. So yeah, things are going pretty well. As you all know, I'm having a blast with it.

gone
I just figured out what Mofo is...

...so you're not all calling each other motherf*ckers after all...

...that's a good thing makes me feel better about the people I'm talking to

I'm a regular at this forum too http://www.forumz.co.uk they're meant to provide a forum for everything...

But after 3,953 members 15,017 threads and 78,646 posts in 6 months it just suddenly died!(what I mean is everyones posting crap - nothing interesting) Unfortunately no one posted anything in the movie review forum and the most active forums aren't public and they closed down membership, so you're all stuck with me, HAH!

Please don't swear...I've edited your post. This site is PG-13. Mild swearing only. And yeah, "MoFo" is just a witty nickname for the site, or a person who hangs out here.

gone
Woops, sorry

I tend to forget how hig my profanity levels are :shame: <- shame there isn't one for shame, damn embaressed will have to do again...

gone
What is?
:Shame: would have been a two worded post had I left it at that!

gone
Wow! You replied to my reply before I even replied my reply to your original reply!

Amazing

Now With Moveable Parts
Ha! MoFo....that was cute that he thought we were calling each other bad names...hee-hee.

gone
TWT - I've changed the options to 60 replies per page, but it still shows a measly amount and theres so many pages on some of the threads (67 on 1 If I recall correctly) is there anything I can doa bout this?

Not really: 60 is as high as it goes. I suppose I could make the option higher if you wish...though I don't know why you'd want huge pages full of posts. Should I try and make 80 and 100 options, too?

gone
What I meant was, despite changing it to 60, it still only shows the default amount!

Hmmm, I'm stumped. I'll see if I can figure it out, but bugs in the software around here usually take a long time to figure out...assuming they're ever figured out.

Well, it's been around 68 days since we hit 30,0000 posts, and now we're at 40,000. Yay. That's an average of 147 posts a day, roughly. Not too bad. Thanks to everyone for helping us hit this milestone; I've no doubt the big 50,000 waits only a month or two down the road.