The Positivity Blog

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
and EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yarrrrs. I love Gupta.

another day in paradise as a friend says to me every day. Bless his socks.

Been a really good week. I have been trying to be more positive lately and this thread has really stuck in my mind. I think about what little tid bit I will write for the day. Thanks for creating it Rhys. We need some positivity. Negativity is waaaay too easy.

Quiet night in, which I love on a Friday. Just put in Seven. Good stuff.

I agree Sean it's an uplifting thread. Have a great weekend.

Friday night has always been my favorite too - probably conditioned from school. (Plus when I was a kid it was Brady Bunch / Partridge Family / Love American Style night!)

Had my first blood test in many years and in addition to a bunch of other stuff, the Dr. said I was vitamin D deficient.
So I got some - and it says on the bottle that it can "improve mood."
We'll see!

our lady was at the corner today wrapped in a blanket trying to stay warm so we got her a big hot chocolate, a sandwich and container of fruit and only had a few bucks to toss in as well.
Bittersweet to see her light up when she saw what we brought.
Room mate remarked on how she wished there was more and I remarked that we both know that sometimes, in hard times, a sandwich and a hot beverage can get you through and even one dollar, when you have none, makes all the difference in the world, some times. Don't solve anything, but helps to keep ya going. And THAT is something we all need now and again. A little kindness to rekindle the strength and the will to go on when there seems to be little reason to.

Take care, all

oh, and on a very positive note, we have seen others bringing her food, cash and support. Even saw a couple of teen age guys once, with a styro foam container with a meal and talking with her. Wonderful sight, that.

I had a great time with my friends throughout of yesterday. We had a free BBQ at our student accommodation, and the weather was beautiful. During the night we went to my favourite club in Sheffield to celebrate the birthday of one of my closest friends. It ended up being a very enjoyable night!

I woke up late today because I did not sleep until around 10-11am. However, I woke up feeling fine and refreshed despite last night being relatively heavy. I went to McDonald's with my friend (I won a free Cheeseburger aha!), and now I am in the library to make some progress with my dissertation.

Also, I got my mark back for one of my previous assignments and I was delighted with the mark given to me.

Been a good Saturday. Worked in the yard all day. It neede to be done and now it is. My youngest likes to help too, which is fun. Wish I could say the same for my oldest. He prefers Minecraft for some reason.

Threw some chicken on the grill. Had that with a nice baked potato. Delicious. Does anyone else feel like they eat out so much that cooking in has become the treat. Eating in has become my favorite.

A pretty uneventful last 3 days, but no negatives so that's a positive. I did about 6 hours of yard work today. That's only a small drop in the bucket for what I have to do each spring, but it's a start. I took the pups on the deck about 2 hours ago. It was still daylight and there was a coyote in my woods. I threw some ice cubes at him and scared him away. I don't want him around with little dogs.

Threw some chicken on the grill. Had that with a nice baked potato. Delicious. Does anyone else feel like they eat out so much that cooking in has become the treat. Eating in has become my favorite.
I had a really nice grill in perfect condition but sold it last year. I love food cooked on the grill, but we rarely have company and it was a pain in the ass to clean. Also, the propane makes me nervous.

Been a good Saturday. Worked in the yard all day. It neede to be done and now it is. My youngest likes to help too, which is fun. Wish I could say the same for my oldest. He prefers Minecraft for some reason.

Eating out, for me, always seemed to be about filling your stomach while home cookin seemed to nourish the soul, as it were.

We need to do some yard work but with the cold rainy days we've had, we're gonna blow off tomorrow and hit one of our parks and lay out or wander about the woods before heading over to my mom's for Sunday dinner.

I had a really nice grill in perfect condition but sold it last year. I love food cooked on the grill, but we rarely have company and it was a pain in the ass to clean. Also, the propane makes me nervous.
That what tinfoil was invented for, what clean?

Got to jam with some friends today. We haven't jammed in a while, so it was fun.

Been a really good week. I have been trying to be more positive lately and this thread has really stuck in my mind. I think about what little tid bit I will write for the day. Thanks for creating it Rhys. We need some positivity. Negativity is waaaay too easy.

Quiet night in, which I love on a Friday. Just put in Seven. Good stuff.
Yeah dude I freaking love this thread, honestly just in concept it's one of the best threads I've ever seen on the forum.

I am glad people are enjoying the thread. When I was asked to do this as part of an assignment for a friend of mine, I found pointing out both the larger and small positives of my day to be uplifting. It helped me to focus on the positive things happening in my day-to-day life, so I thought it would be beneficial to share the idea with others and also continue doing it myself. I believe that it would be nice to look back on my old posts on this thread over time too.

I'm having left over pizza so that's a positive, I guess
Pizza is always a positive!

Unless it has fruit or seafood on it.
We also had leftover pizza but one had olives and anchovies and the other had king prawns. Both had a tomato base and toms are fruit. Crust was just right. Joy.

That's this thread is the pollyana of threads. With so much wickedness happening around the world it's so good to take a few minutes away from newspapers and Hoover up the gratitude. I did the same in chyps sun is shining thread. And the sun is indeed shining. Y a y.