Scariest non-horror film character from your childhood?

Tools    

A list or so:

Jack Skellington

The werewolf from Prisoner of Azkaban

Emperor Palpatine

Maleficent

The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Jafar
And to add: the Peddler singing "Arabian Nights", at least before I learned it was Robin Williams doing the speaking voice and somebody doing the singing. Especially the line "When they cut off your ear if they don't like your face"

The Wheelers from Return to Oz. That creaking sound they make always frightened me. Also the mask was rather creepy.
Yeah, the Wheelers were creepy.

Another good one, although obviously like Clash of the Titans there's a supernatural element, would be the Changeling in Krull.

Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket was pretty disturbing

In fact that scene where he snapped from his mental illness and murdered the Sarge is one of the scariest scenes for me in films I've seen - definitely outranks a lot of horror films in terms of scare factor.
Yeah, it's the tension in that scene. I remember it very well the first time I saw it.

From my childhood? Easily Tim Curry's Devil (Lord of Darkness) in Legend. I legitimately had nightmares about it haha
I'm not sure what creeped me out most in Legend – I think it was probably Meg Mucklebones because that was a really well-realised monster.