Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

Movie Forums Member
funny. heh such a weird topic that isn't even made yet or probably never will has 200 posts

Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I think they should make a Zelda movie. It would be good if it was made like LOTR, and I think Link would look a little more mature if he looked more like Fierce Diety Link. Here are some of my ideas for the characters:

Link- Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood
Zelda- Keira Knightly
Ganondorf- Johnny Depp or Arnold Vosloo (Imhotep)
Nabooru- Michelle Rodriguez

Also I think there should be a whole new story(in hyrule) instead of basing it on one of the games. Anyone with me?
Link--Gregory Smith
Zelda--Kristin Kreuk
Ganon--Russell Crowe (Why Johnny Depp?)

i actually had sombody i thought would fit so awesomely as link, but i only remeber thinking that, and now i have no idea who it was. anyways, my requirments:
GREAT actor! like, blow you away with emotion, totaly convincing, into the roll kind of actor
natural blond
blue eyes
pointy. like, sharper, elfy-like features
not orlando bloom, or elijah wood

i also think it would be great if they could get johnny depp in. that guy is wierd. like excellent actor kinda wierd. but really just wierd too. i don't know if he's really great for ganondorf, though... i dunno.......

does anybody even have a real reason for thinking this is gonna happen? cuz i've looked, and so far i haven't found a date, or really anything official. don't ge me wrong, i would love this, but i have a feeling it is just a rumor. hope not. oh well, i'll keep posting either way, i guess.

am i the only one around who thinks that a link to the past is the greatest zelda game ever? this game was the first one with a decent plot (and some plot, if you'd ask me) and really opened the door for the following games. this is the story a zelda movie should be built around.
by the way, i wouldn't get too excited about the idea of a zelda movie. even if it is ever done, it probably will be very dissapointing. i'm sure that all the fans have the movie worked out in their heads, and i'm sure it would be great. problem is: the movie won't be made by a fan, but by some hollywood-dude that's only into filling his pockets.

ps. i find it very weird that some of you picture vin diesel as a worthy ganondorf. he should be put forward as an intelligent and articulate villain. so he's out of question in my opinion, since most people associate him with XxX.

of course this only my opinion. everyone is free to think as he pleases.

No, you are not the only one who things Legend of Zelda is a great game. In fact, I would say its the best EVER i have played, considering its revolutionary graphics, great story and characters, as well as wonderful scores(music/themes). So many of the games that come out today, are all rated on realism and stupid stuff like that. Unfortuantely, I am afraid that alot of the new generation wants more violent war games or RPG based games. It is sort of sad. I enjoy one war game once in a while, but I could play these kinds of fantasy games forever, especially this one.
About the movie: I always dreamed that I would direct it...or at least work in it. And I know there are hundreds of dedicated fans out there that share the same dream. We will all have to see.....
Choosing a Zelda veteran to work on the movie(as well as the creator and the writer of the original game), would be a huge necessity or the movie would bomb. Choosing a director or screenweiter who never actually played the game would be the biggest mistake they would ever have made.
Time will tell......

I do agree with your thoughts about the gamers of today. but what i actually meant to say was, that i couldn't quite catch the drift that most people see ocarina of time as THE zelda game. it sure looks nice though, but that's just not what it's about. i'd say you're missing the point just a bit then.
i know exactly what you mean about having a part in the creation of the movie. but that won't happen and the only thing that stays behind is the question whether taking the risk of a screwed up reality is worth the dream. as a director it is very tempting to not follow the actual computergame storylines, and to fit the movie into the spectrum of the regular audience. that won't do, though. the story is fragile and easily wasted. so zelda-professionals should indeed be included to the movie, and indie movies are definitely a 'do-not', if you'd ask me. you're right, there's really nothing to do for us but wait. frankly spoken, i don't see the point in all this speculation (except that it's fun of course ). there aren't any actual plans about creating a zelda movie, are there? i might just be missing a great deal here...

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. My god,thats exactly the same characters i was thinking of. I wish they made them as the main case. I would prefer Arnold Vosloo as Ganondorf.

Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I think they should make a Zelda movie. It would be good if it was made like LOTR, and I think Link would look a little more mature if he looked more like Fierce Diety Link. Here are some of my ideas for the characters:

Link- Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood
Zelda- Keira Knightly
Ganondorf- Johnny Depp or Arnold Vosloo (Imhotep)
Nabooru- Michelle Rodriguez

Also I think there should be a whole new story(in hyrule) instead of basing it on one of the games. Anyone with me?

Orlando Bloom? Elijah Wood? Keira Knightly? I think THUGs a little over obsessed with LOTR. Zelda is NOT meant to be like LOTR, and I wouldn't want to see it done that way. Sure, if the effects were similar that'd be great, but the storylines are completely different. My personal favorites are a bit taboo, but I think they resemble the characters perfectly.

Link: Taylor Hanson (can he act? we could have a bad musical link)

Zelda: Julia Stiles

Ganondorf: Michael Chiklis (if he would even do this type of movie)

I'm not sure about Saria or Ruto...

hi im interested in youre screenplay, im only 16 but i want to become a movie director and ive been dreaming of making a legnd of zelda movie for so long and would like when you are finished with the screenplay if you could send it to me so i can make a film (amateur still) but ill try to make it look good

hi im and amateur movie director and ive been wanting for a long time to do a legend of zelda movie and i would like to chat with you about this idea . my msn messenger is [email protected] so email me or add me. thanks

Hi guys. This is my first time posting. Wow, and I though I was the only crazy guy thinking about a Zelda movie. Im only 15 but I've been working on a Zelda movie based MOSTLY on Ocarina of Time. Im a huge fan, but not quite the gamer (haven't finished up yet Majora's Mask...sorry!!) Im gonna study for computer engineering and I think it would be great to like some of us get together and really put effort in this because if we want, we gotta do it...we cant wait for someone to help us. Anyway, Ive been working on a script but I haven't made up mouch of a dialogue, since im not good at dialogue. I can make up any kind of story...but I cant quite make dialogues..anyway...I think is a great idea to make a Zelda Movie, and then, contunie the series. I mean, Nintendo would be really appreciated and Sony would not stand a chance againts Nintendo (sorry for those PS2 fans but I just dont like Sony as Nintendo's competition). I mean, if things like Spider-Man, Super-Man, Batman and those other -man thing were a hit...imagine a game which is loved to everyone. And the movie can intruduce the game to a lot of new people who still aren't familiar with the game. Fantastic-4...the most hated movie of all year (not kidding, it was on the newspaper) and its making billions!!! But lets forget other movies, since im no one to talk about movies but I just wanted to let you know that Im also interested in helping with any special effects or stuff. My MSN Messenger is [email protected] so add me or e-mail me whenver you want. Take care, peace!

The man with the sword
Originally Posted by kcorpetti
Hi guys. This is my first time posting. Wow, and I though I was the only crazy guy thinking about a Zelda movie. Im only 15 but I've been working on a Zelda movie based MOSTLY on Ocarina of Time. Im a huge fan, but not quite the gamer (haven't finished up yet Majora's Mask...sorry!!) Im gonna study for computer engineering and I think it would be great to like some of us get together and really but effort in this because if we want, we gotta do it...we cant wait for someone to help us. Anyway, Ive been working on a script but I haven't made up mouch of a dialogue, since im not good at dialogue. I can make up any kind of story...but I cant quite make dialogues..anyway...I think is a great idea to make a Zelda Movie, and then, contunie the series. I mean, Nintendo would be really appreciated and Sony would not stand a chance againts Nintendo (sorry for those PS2 fans but I just dont like Sony as Nintendo's competition). I mean, if things like Spider-Man, Super-Man, Batman and those other -man thing were a hit...imagine a game which is loved to everyone. And the movie con intruduce the game to a lot of new people who still aren't familiar with the game. Fantastic-4...the most hated movie of all year (not kidding, it was on the newspaper) and its making billions!!! But lets forget other movies, since im no one to take about movies but I just wanted to let you know that Im also interested in helping wiht anmy special effects or stuff. My MSN Messenger is [email protected] so add me or e-mail me whenver you want. Take care, peace!
Lemme see... Fake elf ears, green nightcap, a sword and a shield...

Originally Posted by MrZeldaFan
Lemme see... Fake elf ears, green nightcap, a sword and a shield...
dude, what's ur problem?

What makes you guys think this will be an american film? It will probably be a Japanese film. I dont think any american bone head would fit link, and really, link is trapped in the 80s. just look at his sideburns... nasty! How could u make a guy in tights who wears a green elf hat look cool!? I would rather like my link anime stlye. U guys should talk about a movie videogame movie thats coming out for sure, Splinter cell. they showed a teaser on oneof their games.

if we make the movie in japan, it would be a Japanese movie...right?

i dont know about a movie but a comic book would be good for me. A mature comic book though. And lets loose the gay hair cut.

gay? you mean the long blonde hair ?

I got for good luck my black tooth.
A mature comic about The Legend of Zelda? There's no way Frank Miller would be suited to work on a Zelda comic.

lol but still would like a Zelda movie.