Top 5 fav movies of all time

Tools    

The Gweat and Tewwible
Originally posted by Mystery Man

I'm not going to say a word either...
I think Silver Bullet's movies are just fine. Granted I haven't seen Run Lola Run or all of Lawrence of Arabia. Its really, really hard to choose just five movies. I think I can only state my favorite movie of all time: The Wizard of Oz

lol I no, silver bullets choices were all valid contenders.

I know that after i post this, im gonna thionk of SO many better movis to put on but ne way... btw, these are no paticular order, just by top 5 movies

1) LoTR
2) Boiler Room
3) Goodfellas
4) Scarface
5) Lost and Delirious

other honorable mentions: Requiem For A Dream, Braveheart, LA Confidential, American Beauty, and Reservoir Dogs

Mine aren't valid 'contenders', although, sure, I'm glad you think that I've got relatively good taste.

This is a favorite films thread, not 'best' films thread.
It's completely opinionated. No competition at all.

There is a thread around here somewhere called "Best and Favorite", which might interest some of you.

I happen to think that "best of" lists are completely opinionated as well.

The Gweat and Tewwible
1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Moulin Rouge!
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
5. Ghost World

I happen to think that "best of" lists are completely opinionated as well.
Yeah, but you could say that the movies mentioned in 'best of' lists are contenders.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
In no order:

- Bad Boy Bubby
- Audition
- The Big Lebowski
- Evil Dead 2
- Requiem for a Dream

Why am I here?
1, Fight Club
2, Princess Mononoke
3, Usual Suspects
4, Bridge of the river Quai
5, Clerks

Sic Networks

mine are........
1) Saving Private Ryan
2) Back to the Future
3) Lord of the Rings
4) Unbreakable
5) The Godfather Part II

crazed out movie freak
The Godfather
Rocky
Boiler Room
Goodfellas
Raging Bull

Boiler Room =
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

crazed out movie freak
dude your crazy that movie rocked bro.

crazed out movie freak
dude you are a little tipsy time to pass out

YEAH GO JURASSIC PARK!
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
CTHD
Brotherhood of the Wolf
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

crazed out movie freak
pulp fiction it's a must have. along with any other quinten tarentino movie. that guy is great.

My top 5 in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
Memento
Good Fellas
Say Anything
Rushmore

crazed out movie freak
Originally posted by CMills
My top 5 in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
Memento
Good Fellas
Say Anything
Rushmore
Your reading my mind man

1) Sling Blade- this movie is in a league of its own. It is at once poetic, religious, subtle, riveting, Shakespearian, funny, and totally realistic. 'Extraordinary things happening to ordinary people' has never been so well-portrayed.

2) GoodFellas- an epic good time. So much is going on, for such a long time, that you can watch the film a dozen times in one month, and not be bored. The best combination of quality and entertainment of any existing film.

3) Raging Bull- a flawless character study of a fascinating, yet tragic, historical figure. The performances are breathtaking, and the B&W mode makes it even more realisitic and gripping.

4) True Romance- the greatest modern American crime drama. Contains the most intense scenes of any movie I have witnessed. Controversial, gut-wrenching and politically incorrect all at once. Don't let the idea of Christian Slater as the lead steer you away. This movie is an American original. It is brutal and pure attitude-- without wallowing in MTV, over-the-top, stylized-garbage imagery that infects most of today's efforts.

5) Cool Hand Luke- so this is the tale of a born loser? I love it. Very, very few soul searing dramas this good have ever been made. The subtle Christ motifs throughout the film add a great dimension to an already poignant and dark tale. The 'man with no eyes' has become an all too recognizable figure of silent authoritarian brutality. Kennedy won an Oscar for best supporting actor. A must see that fails to look dated.

Enemies are so stimulating.
my top five are:

1. meet joe black
2. unbreakable
3. moulin rouge
4. girl interupted
5. the long kiss goodnight

also recently i got all the godfather films...they are cooool. and i love american beauty. got vertigo the other day too and was impressed by that.

i dont think a top five is enough. definatly need 10.