Milestone: 50,000 Posts

Tools    

Yesterday we topped 50,000 total posts. Thanks to everyone for helping us get this far. We recently passed the 1,000 member mark, too, and we're creeping up on 10,000 shouts. The site has been open for roughly 700 days, which means we're averaging 68 posts a day at this rate...and that's including the early days, where I was pretty much the only one here. Since we hit 40,000 (about 3 months ago), we've averaged about 110 posts a day.

Again, thanks very much, people. I don't know about all of you, but I'm having a blast.

Amen to that, brother. And as long as we live, we'll do our part to keep our beloved MoFo... free.

As music from "America the Beautiful" rises to a crescendo (you know the part, the "from sea to shining sea" part), Mary Lo snaps out a salute to the computer screen, with a single tear hanging to the bottom lash of her left eye...

FADE OUT

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

FADE OUT
I see Jack Black sweeping his hand down his face when I read "FADE OUT".

Oh, that guy... I picture him doing that as his fanatic character in Bob Roberts.

Now With Moveable Parts
you know? There's something kinda (sexy ) about that guy...

I would marry him and bear his children, if I weren't already married.

And actually, if he wanted to move to Utah... Hmmm...

Jack Black is also high on my list of people that I would love to just party with. Hey, that would be an entertaining and completely silly thread--Who Would You Marry and/or Get Drunk With?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
--Who Would You Marry and/or Get Drunk With?
Create it, and they will post...

Originally posted by Yoda
Kinda? Try REALLY! I'm 100% heterosexual, and I cannot deny his sexiness.
I thought you were 28% gay.

Now With Moveable Parts
BWAHA!! Gotcha there, Fibbishstank!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I don't get the massive Jack Black appeal among women. He reminds me too much of the slimey, smelly guys in high school who wore shirts too tight, never combed their hair, and harassed all the girls all the time, thinking they were funny by virtue of the fact that they were obnoxious.

But apparently that's just my opinion....

I will say, though, that the parody he and Sarah Michelle Gellar did on the MTV Movie Awards of LOTR was to die for. Absolutely hilarious. (Yoda, did you see that yet??)

good effort everyone, it isnt surprising with just Chris, Sades and SB's total added together comes to: 11404 posts and thats only three people out of over a thousand so we wouldnt have made it if it hadnt been for you guys, THE THREE MUSKETEERS! Now lets now get to 100,000!

A thread about a posting milestone turns into a discussion on Jack Black's sex appeal. See, this is a perfect example of how we got to 50,000 posts.

i think we need an edit option for the name of the thread than it wouldnt be so confusing for newbies, oh well let them stew for a while, dont you just love the way conversations get twisted?

yardstone: 51,224 posts, my god how long did those othre 1,224 posts take?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me