We've Been Nominated!

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
And the music starts.

Preferably, Michael Jackson's "Beat It"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
Coincidentally, you find this out on the one month anniversary of when I first joined here.

We ARE The Winners!

The other boards don't have a Sexy Celebrity there.
Ha Ha To Them.

You can't help but love the feel of this site, and at MoFo, you also love how you feel about yourself.

S.C. speaks the truth. You know it.
Sometimes, much to my chagrin, you make me giggle SC. I'm glad you're here.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
And the music starts.

Preferably, Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

Rock God
hey, awesome!

when will you know the winner?

Originally posted by BrodieMan
hey, awesome!

when will you know the winner?
Officially? End of April. Realistically, though, it'll be obvious that yaXay is whoopin' MoFo a week or two into the month.

Rock God
i love your mel brooks quote. that's been one of my favorites for literally years now. i think gary larson used it to preface one of his far side collections.

brooks is a genius.

Because the poll results are visible at all times; they run the poll on vBulletin, just like the polls we have here. We're in 4th out of 5. Sucks, don't it?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I can see Yaxay on top, but some of those other forums just suck. Sorry man, just seems like some people don't know art when they see it.

I dunno. I can understand yaXay winning. Maybe GaminGuru...don't care for the others much. Oh well. People tend to vote on graphical prowess rather than site integration, code modification or usability. I guess the eye-popping layouts just catch your eye more.

This place will always be the winner to us, Commissioner.

But in that won't be good enough for the general public who will view, in a much more correct manner, the site as not the winner.

We love the place, Chris.

"In one sense, you are both winners. But, in another, more accurate sense, Barney is the winner."
Eh, no big whoop. I think MoFo will take one of the future vBulletin Board of the Month contests. Just not this one. Someone said they didn't like the green links; that surprised me quite a bit. Green links, I've always thought, fit in wonderfully. What do you guys think, though? Light gray along the top, and only green in posts and such?

Rock God
who cares if we lose? that just makes us more esoteric and elite, right?

only the BEST can post here!

Well, nothing like being two months late, isthere! Did you win, Chris! You deserve to. This is the only site I visit regularly, and certainly the only one I keep coming back to age after age.
One question: why is your e-mail at movieforums.com and this site movieforums.net?????????????? Hmmm?
Love and best wishes
Jozie

Nope, we lost. Wasn't even close, sorry to say...the other site was loaded with graphics and was admittedly more eye-catching. Such is the price you pay when you focus on usability. Anyway, the site is also on the "movieforums.com" domain -- it's the forums are on the .net domain -- I thought it best to have the domain in my posession, and I figured I might as well give the forums their own URL. Just did it on a whim, sorta.

Dear Chris --
Gotcha. Always curious about details.
You know, my aunt work for an ad agency, and she says,
"The graphics win the prizes, but the copy sell the stuff." so I
think you are in it for the long term by concentrating on letting
people write and read. As I said I really like your site. I think
you do a really good job at lion-taming here, and I keep
coming back because it's not boring. That I love [username] stuff was really funny! lots of people bit on it, and pretty much
everyone was a good sport. See -- let peoples minds go free
and good stuff happens!
Thanks again,
Love,
Jozie