We've Been Nominated!

Tools    

Well, it appears to be official: MoFo's been nominated as the vBulletin Board of the Month for April. Here are the other nominees:Personally I think yaXay's gonna whoop MoFo. Ah well. I might get nominated again a few months down the line.

Well Done Chris!!
Hoorah!!

Meanwhile, what makes those yaXay bastards better than us bastards!? We'll bring it! We've actually got attitude and they've got no grammer, signatures that are too big, too much swearing all over everything and a user named "Evil Dildo".

You're in with a chance, man.

And so:
HOORAH FOR CHRIS! HOORAH!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
those "yaxay bastards" visit here SB. c-pr0mpt is the admin over there I believe.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Spudly's right, c-pr0mpt is indeed the yaXay admin. It's a damn fine board, and he's a cool guy; so if I've got to lose, best to lose to him. Hopefully I'll at least take second. I can live with that.

Those bastards post among us bastards?!
What a bastard!!

I hope we win though.
We so rock.
I mean look at who we have on our side!!

Sadie and Toose and TWT and Spud and SB and Patti and L.B and Thmilin and S.C and Steve and Brodie!! I mean come on!!

We so deserve it!!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm trying to figure out why Ultimate Metal was nominated. The site looks like crap to be blunt. Everything is crammed on there.

I like your setup much more, Commish. However, they do have some kick a$$ faces over there.

Yeah. Looks a bit all over the place.
I like the way MoFo is spread out.

There's room to out your feet up.
Things are spread out. It's nice.

But overall?
THE PEOPLE!!
WE, AS A COMMUNITY, ARE SIMPLY THE BEST.

I think.

Well, the concept is just about the way your board is presented...ease of use, integration with the site, ingenuity, originality, etc. Actual post counts, traffic, quality of posts, etc, isn't really taken into account for the most part.

And visually you think we're a little sub-par to say those yaXya bastards?

I'm not sure. His is flashier, and "cooler" looking...but I think mine has a better mood to it (I think it FEELS like a real movie site)...and his thread lists and such feel cramped to me. It's really a matter of preference.

I don't. I think they are fancier looking, but I like the looks of this more. A little easier on the eyes, and a better layout, in my opinion.

MoFo does have that elegant-y 1940's/50's grandiose cinematic feel to it. You expect Casablanca or Lawrence of Arabia to start playing on screen at any minute.

I think I just realised how much I love it here.

If Chris doesn't win we are going to have to head over and bust some heads! I don't care how scary their names are, Evil Dildo and the rest will go down!

Coincidentally, you find this out on the one month anniversary of when I first joined here.

We ARE The Winners!

The other boards don't have a Sexy Celebrity there.
Ha Ha To Them.

You can't help but love the feel of this site, and at MoFo, you also love how you feel about yourself.

S.C. speaks the truth. You know it.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh chris, luv, you shouldna posted those other sites! now that I know of the evil apples, I must bite into them ...

having been there, I'm still confused. what the HELL is yaXay even about? my cursory glance tells me coding/graphics type stuff, as is the DB one. but OH i kinda think the Metal one looks rather cool. not crammed just ... different. i like the feel of tons of info at my fingertips. but the last - that's a dangerous one, for me. i find a gaming site and i may never come back out alive, chris, shame on you! but they also have cool faces - they have the yahoo faces, it ain't fair! like here:

http://forums.gaminguru.com/showthre...?threadid=2192

Something gets my goat every time about the yahoo grin. it's just ... freakish and yet, so funny ...

but yeah, i hope we win. we do have a strong community but uh - that' s not what they're judging you on, are they?

also ... how did we get nominated? did vbulletin just check out all their users or did you submit MoFo or ... what?

yaXay is mostly about developmeny and graphics and such, yeah...but I think it's open for anything, really. You like Ultimate Metal? Bah; easily my least favorite of the four. WAY too cramped.

The nomination process is simple: they open a thread on their forums each month, people nominate boards (yep, you can nominate your own), and if an unbiased party seconds the nomination, your board gets thrown into the hat. After a few days, they close the nomination process, pick 5 randomly from the hat, and then they vote for basically an entire month.

Now With Moveable Parts
Like I've always said, this place just plain rules; can't beat it.