The 2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

Tools    

The Maple Syrup Cup is a better name for the trophy than the one they actually have. Grey Cup. Who wants the Grey Cup? Not I, I'd rather have the Gold, Silver, or Bronze even.
Seriously, i have no idea what the gray cup is but i like to imagine you entered the maple syrup world championships and lost which is why you found me and filled my mind with all sorts of syrupy bs .

I would pretty much agree with Yoda in that I wouldn't be surprised by a Carolina blowout or a Denver victory. My opinion on the game is solely based on many years of watching football and gambling on it, because I haven't even seen Carolina play. I'm seeing that the spread went down to 4 1/2. With the majority of the public on Carolina, that reverse line movement normally means take the Broncos if you're betting on the game. In fact, it's an automatic bet, although very far from a sure thing. This isn't like the Super Bowl of a couple years ago when Denver was a passing team and simply got overwhelmed by Seattle. They're built differently now, designed to play and win tough, close games. It will be interesting to see how Carolina responds if indeed this is a tight game, as they haven't really been challenged all year. Normally in a game like this, I root for the underdog. That's what I'll be doing unless Denver ends up with a lead. I don't care who wins; I just want to see a good game like most people. I do give Denver a chance.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I don't know where one would quote an official line...

I would put my $$$ on the points at 5.5 , which was the last number I saw.

Then again, poker is the only thing I would gamble on .

My search didn't yield any results for an NFL barbershop thread, so I will drop this here.

What do yous guyz think about TO being left out of the HoF?

I really don't care for the guy. It is hard for me to separate the guy from the numbers.

That said, this is complete bourgeois. It really lessens the standing and merit of a Hall when stuff like this occurs. Is LT in the Hall?

People act like Harrison is some bum or something. Marvin Harrison never dropped many passes and played his butt off for peyton manning and basically made Peyton look amazing as a young qb. Yeah TO was a good and all but last I checked Marvin did not drop easy passes or blame any qb how he performed.

I think Harrison was more consistent and reliable, but I think Owens was the kind of guy who could practically take over a game himself. Both Hall of Famers I'd say.

No question but non quit on possible catches like Randy Moss did. But In my view Micaheal Irvin and Jerry Rice are still better then them on my wr list.

I don't like Owens at all, but he is top 5 in all major WR stats. Robbed is robbed and 1st ballot is a big deal.

Another hot take . People complain about pc press ops (Russell Wilson), then smash Cam for giving the non-pc response they don't like.

Well for all his greatness Owens has no hardware and rings seem too matter.wondercwin cowher will get into that hall of fame for coaching.

I think Harrison probably made the most out of his ability, and it would be hard to knock him for anything. Owens is one of the most physically gifted WRs ever, along with Moss and Megatron, but while he had an incredible career, he underachieved. For a 10 year span, I'll take Harrison. For one game, give me Owens.