The Island of Misfit Posters

Tools    

Well, that was quick. Monty, tell him what he's won!

Now With Moveable Parts
Voice Over: Mary, Yoda has won nothing. He still thinks Britney Spears is pretty, which, he's entitled to his opinion, but the owner of this gameshow thinks she's a talentless Slutbeast! So, he wins NOTHING!! Ha-Ha!

Slutbeast! Now there's a word!

She's used that one a few times in the past. It's her word to describe most teeny-boppin' female singers. I think she's just in denial over the fact that Britney does indeed have some things going for her, even if she enters skankish territory from time to time.

Now With Moveable Parts
Going for her? Like what?! Anything she can do, I can do better. Hmph. As a matter of fact, almost anyone can do better.

She can sing. Just because she doesn't always sing all that well, it doesn't mean she can't. And just because some of her lyrics are God-awful, it doesn't mean she has no talent. And she IS pretty when she doesn't mess herself up with those clothes and all that forsaken makeup.

Now With Moveable Parts
You're hopeless.
She can NOT sing. She can't carry a tune.
Lot's of people her age can sing, dance and look a thousand times better. She just got lucky. END of story.

Bah. I think not.

First off, she CAN sing. She was on Star Search (and sung quite well, I might add) at the age of something like 8...and you can't accuse Ed McMahon of being blinded by her gonzagas, either, because she was as flat as a board back then.

True, there are people less successful, but more talented, than her...but that doesn't mean she is without talent. It means she has talent, and has maximized it through marketing. She has plenty of things about her to dislike (ain't much of a role model, in my opinion, for example)...but don't let her faults convince you that she has no virtues. Hitler was a smart guy...just because he did horrible things, it doesn't mean we should, say, claim that he was not an impressive leader. Obviously he had virtues...and acting as if he had none simply because he had glaring faults doesn't make any sense.

Besides: logically, the extremes on these issues are almost NEVER right. It's no better to claim she's talentless than it is to claim that she's the greatest singer alive. She's got talent...I don't see how anyone can deny that. A lot of what she is is marketing, but it's not 100% smoke and mirrors.

That's how I see it, at least.

Now With Moveable Parts
Star Search, gosh...all the great ones started there!

Oh Wait!! She was also on the Mickey Mouse Club! Okay, you're right. She has a great set of pipes, anyone can hear it.

Anyhoo...
Monkeypunch, you're most wanted, stick around! (It'd help if you sided with me on the Britney issue. )

Don't get me wrong; she ain't Charlotte Church (who I happen to find just as attractive, I might add...more classically beautiful, I think)...I just don't think she's, well, me, either (I can't sing worth sh*t).

Don't try to get help from the Monkey. That's cheating.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

Please leave poor Britney alone, let the whole issue rest in peace.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Poor Britney?! Isn't that an oxymoron? Like Jumbo Shrimp? The girl auctioned off a toilet seat encrusted with diamonds, for crying out loud! Yes, poor Britney.

Excuse me for bringing up some old skeletons (from earlier in the thread, I mean) but I have to agree with Spud, to an extent.

None of you would like it if someone rocked up and told you how to conduct yourself whether they were "in" the "in" club or not. It's a matter of common courtesy. Anyone, online or off, however popular you are or aren't and how long you've been around, you shouldn't really tell people how to conduct themselves, no?

And if you want me to make an effort to be 'nicer' to Raziel, well, I can't promise that I'll try. But I'll try to try.

Just kidding.
I'll try.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by sadesdrk
(It'd help if you sided with me on the Britney issue. ) [/b]
Oh, I am no fan of the Britney Spears, I tell you what. I grew up in the early 90's. Nirvana, Mudhoney..That's music to me. Britney Spears is pretty horrifying.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

crazed out movie freak
I am not talking to you guys no more

I wouldn't know whether or not she can sing. Frankly, I don't want to take the risk and listen to her music. Although, her lyrcis do suck. Half of the lyrics are the chorus and the name of the song. Although there was Oops I..no, there's that chorus thing. What about I'm A Slave... no, that chorus thing again. And about her clothes, were you unfortunate enough to see her in that concert where she ripped off her suit and had a see through jump-suit on?!?! And what was up with the superbowl halftime show? She was wearing a sock on her arm! A FRIGGING SOCK! Any weak-minded fool will listen to her songs. She can belch into the microphone, add some ooh baby's, some guitars in the backround, and she's got another #1 Single!

I couldn't agree more, Monkeypunch. BTW Monkey, I don't even think I know whether or not I'm "in" the club yet. I thought you were when you registered! I always thought that this site was for already misfit posters from other sites. This is a place where we can be unique and not worry about people making really obvious typo's. If I'm wrong, tell me. Monkeypunch, (I know it's kinda' corny) be yourself! And Raziel, chill, okay? Wer're all equals here. Act that way, especially to the newer members. I'm a 100% newbie here, and I'm talking to people with over 100 posts! And I feel like I fit in fine! So give the people on here a chance, Monkeypuch, and if you stick around for a day or two, you'll feel fine. I felt much better when I started to post on a subject I enjoy, instead of starting a new thread about how much I don't fit in. I hope I don's sound too bossy, but that's the way I think it should be.
Be awesome to each other. AND PARTY ON, DUDES! -Abraham Lincoln, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure