The Island of Misfit Posters

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay, I've been posting here for quite awhile now, and I still don't feel like I fit in all that well. I mean I don't fit in anywhere in the real world either, so it doesn't really bother me, but still...anyone else feel like they're intruding on a private party where everyone knows everyone else?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Don't worry about it, man.
Anyone will tell you that I went (and often still go) through a period of feeling like I was locked out of this giant circle.

I think you could nearly call me one of the biggest campaigners against circles here at MoFo. Things will settle down.

I was at least five or six hundred posts in before I felt really accepted. Don't worry about it.

It all passes.

It's odd that so many people seem to feel that way. Toose started a thread on the very same subject, and we all know he was part of things as much as just about anyone for awhile. Silver has obviously felt the same way before.

Don't let it bother you, though. My advice is just to get to know some of the people around here, and I'm sure you'll feel better.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
We all went through it...well...all except Chris.

Just gotta not let it bother ya and continue posting, if you bring your wittiness, humor, all that other good stuff to the table and are unique with it, you're gonna stand out, and you're gonna get your own spotlight.

Just give it time. Also, you don't really post on a day to day basis, you do post, yes, but it's not everyday like some of us addicts. I'm not saying that you need to do that, but that's mainly why some of us know others pretty well.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I remember talking to Spud about his post count once.
Poor Spudly. He felt he needed to be prolific to be popular.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I remember talking to Spud about his post count once.
Poor Spudly. He felt he needed to be prolific to be popular.
Got Sadie and I talking.

crazed out movie freak
Yeah look at me man i almost have three hundred and these dorks still hate me.

p.s. I gues i am still a newbie.

Ask Mary what you have to do. She's been here about 2 months, and is already one of the elite regulars, I think. Of course, being one of the funniest people on the planet help things, I'm sure.

She's a natural fit on so many levels. She can take a whoopin', dish it right back out, and bust us all up in the process. The fact that she loves The Simpsons and appreciates witty (or otherwise) innuendo certainly doesn't hurt, either.

We love her because she's a lunatic...

Originally spoken by The Cheshire Cat

I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here.

See, that's why I love you guys... You know I'm a nut-job and you don't care. You actually like it. You humble me. You do. All youse.

Okay, now I'm all fumbling and verklempt... Talk amongst yourselves...

I'll give you a topic: the Industrial Revolution was neither industrial nor a revolution. Discuss.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by firegod
Ask Mary what you have to do. She's been here about 2 months, and is already one of the elite regulars, I think. Of course, being one of the funniest people on the planet help things, I'm sure.
Mary and firegod-
the-Demon-with-radioactive-clusters-of-grapes-for-earrings, sitting in a tree K*I*S*S*I*N*G...
just kidding...I couldn't resist, it was such a line,"...being one of the funniest blahblahs on the blah helps." *taking his finger; licking it, then smoothing his eyebrow*
Anyhoo...
*kisses to Mary and Jeremy, my pals; you know I'm only foolin'*

I just wrote an essay about a very interesting little essay for school:

The loss of innocence is the major turning point in the developement of story and character. Discuss.

I looked at Macbeth, Run Lola Run and Pravda.
It was very good, of course.

Of course.

That's a good topic. Much better than mine. If we're going to discuss, we'll discuss that. Or maybe we'll discuss why the good folks at Post decided to name it "Grape Nuts," 'cause there's nothing vaguely grape-like about that cereal. It's more like "Tasteless Gravel."

Speaking of the taste of gravel:

Once, in order to be popular, I ate gravel because older children found it funny. My fifteen minutes of gravel eating related fame.

My sister used to make me eat dog food whenever we went out to visit my grandma. She really made me do it--I didn't like the way it tasted or anything.

I didn't. Stop looking at me like that.

Imagine my avatar with one raised eyebrow...

I'm not looking at you funny. Tell yourself that.
It's okay, Mary. I'm laughing at you not with you...

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I just wrote an essay about a very interesting little essay for school:

The loss of innocence is the major turning point in the developement of story and character. Discuss.
Should have gone with Lord of the Flies. The main theme throughout the entire novel is loss of innocence.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."