The Goodbye Thread

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I searched and searched but I couldn't find a thread on this topic other than The Be Back Later Thread.

As you might have read, I am leaving to join the Navy. I'll be in Basic Training for 9 weeks (don't know where at), and after that I will begin training to be a Seaman's Apprentice in the Electronics Technician field (working on radar, air traffic control equipment, etc.,).

I have no idea where this is going to take me, I want to make every attempt possible to make visits back to see you all. Chris, Sadie, and Silver...I want to make an attempt to actually visit you guys in real life.

While I'm not leaving until July 9th (maybe a day or two earlier depending on when I have to be up there), I already am pretty bummed that I'm going to have to leave my second home.

Like I said, I'm still gonna be here for a good 22 days until I have to leave, so I'm not gone yet. Cheer up.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Aw. I'm gonna miss you when you go! I'm happy for you, Kently. All the times you and I have chatted on Yahoo, I got the feeling that you would do so much better if you just ventured out past your own town, ya know? You're gonna be a great, little Seaman...Private Potato.
I'm glad you're not leaving right away...
I need my Spud Fix, first.

crazed out movie freak
that is so cute. pass out the tissue.

Now With Moveable Parts
How do you like Private Potato? Cute huh?

Fishing for complements on your cute little nickname, Sades?

Kently knows how I feel about all this...so I won't go into detail. Suffice to say that it's a damn shame he's leaving, but I can't fault him for it, and I for one will most certainly be here waiting for him if and when he gets back.

crazed out movie freak
aww best buds till the end why can't i have pals like you guys

Originally posted by Yoda
Kently knows how I feel about all this...so I won't go into detail. Suffice to say that it's a damn shame he's leaving, but I can't fault him for it, and I for one will most certaintly be here waiting for him if and when he gets back.
Thanks Chris, always good to know when people care.

Me neither. When July gets here, this is gonna be a three-hankie thread.

crazed out movie freak
i'll miss ya you big potato head. although i don't even know ya

Alright guys, the day is here. I leave tomorrow morning at 10:15, and have so much to do tomorrow morning that I won't be here.

So, you have a few more hours of me left.

Only a few more hours of Spud.

Let's us remember the good times...

Spud's unforgettable slams of Ladies Man
Spud's unrelenting pursuit of the Nefarious Double Post
Spud's undeniable hatred

And there is more. So much more...

I should be back for a few days in October (hopefully).

Can someone find Matt's songs he made for me on here? I can't find them.

Now With Moveable Parts
Bye Kent.
You were my first "outside mofo" contact and I'll never forget you.
I'll miss you, Spuds! Better keep in touch!
(knock all the ladies dead in your uniform, that's what it's for!)

Take care, and good luck.

I second all these emotions.

Goodbye, Spud--we're gonna miss ya.

To the tune of "Candle in the Wind":

Goodbye Kently Woods,
The guy we all knew as the Spud

I can't go on... I'm too verklempt...

Spud,

I don't really know you, but you've already been blessed with GOOD LUCK by Lady Luck in Drag because you voted for my avatar, so I know everything will work out.

Take care, Godspeed, and Much Love,

Jason

Need I even say it?
It's been a pleasure Kent.
I hope one day we can meet for real and go out and throw rocks at stupid people or something. It really has been nothing short of a true pleasure. Thankyou.

FAREWELL SPUDLY!!