The Forum Improvement Thread

Tools    

Another improvement: now, when viewing the voting breakdown of a poll, each number, when clicked (yep, they're all links now), will bring up a list of each person who voted for that option. Obviously the ones that are clickable but are still "0" will only bring up a "No votes found" message. I hope you guys find this tweak useful.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I was playing around with that yesterday and was like...ooooh this is fun...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hey, the new font is great. A subtle change, but I like it much better.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, I'm seeing a new font. It's thinner and slightly smaller than what used to show on the posts, main forum page and such.

Spudsie, does your above post mean there isn't a new font, it's just something coming through on my monitor!? Or is this related to my server and not the site itself?

Anyway, I do likes it. Whoever or whatever is responsible, thanks!

I'm seeing the same ole' font that I've always seen... perhaps you need to lay off the budda Holden... LOL

Cool. Well I didn't log on any differently the past couple days or change the settings on my computer, so I guess it's just magic.

Oh well, I'm enjoying the slightly new look...even if it I'm the only one who can see it.

Are there any pink elephans in the 'new look'? LOL

Hmmm. Odd. The switch I made was from primitive <font> tags, to CSS-defined fonts. Only required a minor stylesheet addition, and it should save on both bandwidth and loading time. Anyway, glad you like it. Still looks the same to me, but i'm not surprised that it's changed a bit for others. Lots of variables involved.

Now With Moveable Parts
I like this font. It's smaller, but it's nicer looking. Neater. Tidy.

Another improvement: added the "Attachment Viewer" hack, so that now you can stay without the forum's layout and all that, and not have to endure a boring blank page with only the file on display. It's not much, but I think it helps keep things consistent, and will improve banner impressions a little, too.