The Forum Improvement Thread

Tools    

That contadicts itself.

A few minor changes to the Shoutbox, and the place is pretty much perfect in my opinion, T.

gone
http://movieforums.net <-- asks you to login, cookies don't work

http://www.movieforums.net <--- all is fine

as i said: Another stupid silly note:

Female assassin extraordinaire.
cool, i'm loving these changes you're making!

More stuff: the profile pages have been improved. Just click on a "Profile" button on any post you see here to take a look at the new format. Some of the changes:
  • Better layout (IMO)
  • A listing of the person's shouts -- this number is clickable and allows you to view all of their shouts easily. It also displays their ranking on the Shoutbox Leaderboard.
  • Latest post is now displayed. Not just the thread they last posted in...but the thread title (a link), the date/time, and even the first 200 characters of the post. If the post is over 200 characters, a link to the entire thing will be displayed.
  • The ability to see when the person last visited the forums.
I also added page navigation links to browse through older shouts. I'll also be improving the profile page a bit more soon...still not satisifed with the bar where the avatar, etc, is displayed. Any suggestions are welcome.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Maybe you should make the background of the Avatar bar the light grey of the forum...just a suggestion...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
KentBobFancyPants...I like the forum the way it is. How's your's going? You should PM me a link so I can add it to my favorites.

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh. Thanks.

Another small improvement: on the forum's main page, the total number of threads in each forum is now clickable. Clicking on it will bring up a small popup window showing you a listing of all the users who've started a thread in that forum, with those who have started the most at the top, of course. I hope you all find it useful. I didn't write the hack (but I could've ), so I can only take credit for installing it...but I am looking into writing a hack to try and get the same effect for the post totals in each forum. Certainly a geek-worthy challenge.

Well whaddya know? I got the post thing working without much trouble. Yippee. Wow, I've got over 1,200 posts in the General Movie Discussion forum alone. That's so sad. Oh, by the way: both displays are limitd to 50 rows. Otherwise the loading time and server strain and all that would be cray-zay.

Now With Moveable Parts
Shhhhh. We don't talk about addiction, here.