The Forum Improvement Thread

Tools    

EDIT: I've edited this thread to serve as a log (or whatever) of improvements/changes around here...to the forums, that is. That is all. Carry on.

First off: a few new smilies added. Remember, put each smilie's name (the one in parentheses for each listing) in lowerclose between two colons ( : ).
  • Love (love):
  • Good (goof):
  • Indifferent (indifferent)
  • Randy (randy)
Enjoy.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
the goof one is so coo!! it's got like, the three stages of drama in it! just that one little face!

i think it is both sad and sick that we actually require a "randy" one. cuz you know we're gonna use it!

i've always wanted one that was horrified. you'd use it in mock horror but it would look all shocked and confused. have you seen the yahoo ones? they have some cool ones, like the cross-armed "humph" one and the "talk to the hand" one ... fun fun fun!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
No big whoop. Just a few new smilies added. Remember, put each smilie's name (the one in parentheses for each listing) in lowerclose between two colons ( : ).
  • Love (love):
  • Good (goof):
  • Indifferent (indifferent)
  • Randy (randy)
Enjoy.
I the new smilies. I think we all know who the indifferent face will belong too. <<<<<<Still, my favorite smilie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I still think you need the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down "smilie" added to the repotoire.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Never Satisfied!

* and a barf-face.

It's hard to find a barf that isn't too "big." What do the rest of you think? Anyone else want the thumbs up/thumbs down ones? It's just be the hand/thumb, mind you...not a little face with a hand.

Now With Moveable Parts
Maybe not a barf face then, howabout one that just looks sick? I don't know about the thumbs up and down...I guess they would come in "handy" for those movie reviews...heh-heh.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah. I like that one.

Or you could simply enable us to post images and we could find our own. Like...

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
And on and on and on.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A few of those seem broken, Holden. We already have the second-to-last one, too, I think. I doubt I'll be allowing the posting of images anytime soon. I've seen boards that allow HTML or free reign with images: they get very cluttered...and clutter is something I try to avoid, big time. Sorry.

If anyone else has any other ideas, don't hesitate to mention then.

Holden, those are hilarious! i particularly like the barf, footstomp, and shooting ones.

T- i like all the smilies, and whatever new ones you add, i'll make use of as well, thanks..

Now With Moveable Parts
The overly animated ones aren't cool. They bug.

New improvement (I think it went up yesterday, though): now, when you receive an email notifying you of a new private message in your inbox, it SHOULD (let me know if you see any bugs) give you a link directly to the message, as opposed to your Inbox, which has been the standard so far. And yes, I'm working on having the PM popup notification take you straight to the newest message, too; we'll see if I'm capable.

Alright, I'll see if I can get that up. For now, though, you'll have to settle for a character counter beneath the box you type in, to let you know if you're getting near the limit on long posts.