The football pool that aint worth a damn

Tools    

I like football pools. I just got in one recently again just to have fun picking, and won $75 my first week! I told him I wouldnt do it anymore because if I won again theyd hate me. He agreed. So the MoFo Football Pool aint worth a damn. If you win you get nothing, but thats ok. I just like football pools.

WEEK 4

TB @ WAS
I live an hour from Tampa. With all the inside scoops I get with local radio, and print I assure you - Washington will win. They wont lose to the headless Bucs after the shame of last week vs the Lions. Washington

BAL @ NE
Tough matchup! There are a few close games this week and this is one. Is Baltimores offense for real? Seriously theyre ranked #2 behind the Saints. Their Defense ranked #7, and they could be the team to beat. Baltimore

DET @ CHI - Chicago
Glad you won Detroit, but its too soon to believe in you yet.

TEN @ JAC Oh the fair-to-middlin bowl! Actually tough to pick, but Jacksonville

OAK @ HOU
Are the Raiders trying to take the Lions old spot? Houston

CIN @ CLE - Cincinnati

SEA @ IND
Peyton Manning imo is the best QB of our generation Indianapolis

NYG @ KC - Giants

BUF @ MIA - Buffallo
Penningtons out but do the Dolphins have the sense to know they can win on their running game?! Ricky Williams is sober, and Ronnie Brown is as good as! Florida ball is hurting overall.

NYJ @ NO If theres one thing the recent past has proven to me in NFL - defense wins games. Jets

STL @ SF - San Francisco
They can win a game without Gore Im sure.

DAL @ DEN Daaaaaamn tough matchup! Denver has the #1 defense, #7 offense, and its time. Homefield helps too, and especially theirs. Denver

SD @ PIT _ Pittsburgh

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

GB @ MIN
What a storybook matchup. Favre is not a loser, and has the talent necessary around him to succeed where so many years in Green Bay he did not Minnesota

Total combined points - 23

Good question. No spread. Just pick the winner, and guess the monday night football point total for tiebreakers.

Not used to picking without the spread, but I'll give it a go.
  • WAS over TB
  • BAL over NE (unless Welker plays)
  • CHI over DET
  • TEN over JAX
  • HOU over OAK
  • CIN over CLE
  • IND over SEA
  • NYG over KC
  • BUF over MIA
  • NO over NYJ
  • STL over SF (big upset)
  • DAL over DEN
  • PIT over SD
  • GB over MIN
44 combined points in the GB/MIN game.

STL over SF (big upset)

I dont know Yoda. Glen Coffee might make more points for you than Pierre Thomas backing up Bush vs the Jets. Singletary is using Coffee as hed use Gore and keeping the running game as the focus.

Yup, he absolutely could. It's a simple talent vs. matchup decision. I think the Rams' might not be as terrible as they seem, and Thomas had one helluva game last week. I'd be totally happy starting either, though.

It's not set in stone, but at the moment I'm going with Thomas for three reasons:

1) Mike Bell isn't playing, so Thomas is definitely The Guy.

2) Buffalo showed us that the Saints passing game can be slowed down, but it also seems to have showed us that you can't stop both sides of their offensive simultaneously for an entire game. Thomas is a hedge against the possibility that the Jets focus on the pass and make the run beat them. I don't think they can stop both completely.

3) Coffee didn't do much with the carries he got replacing Gore last week.

But yeah, I've been reading updates on both all week and both are fine plays, I think.

This week will be a good indicator as to what teams are "real" in the power scheme. Denver, the Jets, and Baltimore have a great matchups with Dallas, New Orleans, and the Patriots. I like Denver because Dallas isnt showing anything they havent shown before. I like the Ravens over the Patriots. The Pats might be more mortal now than without Brady in 08, and thats hard to believe. The Jets shut them down, and the Ravens have a better offense to boot.

The Jets over the Saints? Yeah I think this will be close, and actually the Saints defense is what would win them the game. The offense of the Saints can put up very normal points and win because the Jets offense isnt up to snuff...yet. I picked the Jets though anyway.

Ok if its more interesting and more would get involved then lets include the spread. I just figured some people wouldnt be familiar with the spread factor, and it'd just be easier to pick the winner. The real intent of this broke-d@#k football pool was to have a place to discuss football more than anything else.