Honestly, The Saddest Movie You've Ever Seen

Tools    

Titanic got me the first couple times. Forrest Gump, Braveheart, and alot more I just cannot remember.

i miss out on some great flics but i AVOID tearjerkers like the plague.
.... sometimes, however, i get caught off guard.......i cried for the sheer intensity of emotions when i saw "Shine".
i cried over Love Story and Terms of Endearment, and perhaps Patch Adams and What Dreams May Come and The World According to Garp.

i think that crying for a movie is a nice, safe outlet and opportunity for many people to let some emotions out......to depressurize a bit.
it is easier for many to cry for a character's pain than to face their own.

it's interesting to me to hear about bouts of guy-crying ........i wonder what that's all about?
........S.C.- feel like sharing?

and LBJ......i keep picturing you sobbing like a baby watching It's a Wonderful Life.

i fight it big time, but then i don't cry tears of sadness often. i do cry for joy quite a lot......i get blissed out and the tears just flow and burn into my face. it's an odd contrast.

Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries
Sounds like you have a weakness for ROBIN WILLIAMS
i do......and that's how i got sucked into watching something sad.......my favorite actor's will lure me in.

LBJ- when i first read your post, i read "Night of The Scarecrow!"
............... poor LBJ, sobbing while a strawman slashes away!!

I cried in Babe.
But they were happy tears. Manly tears.
I loved that little guy...
*breaks down*

I was in grade four...

Meanwhile, did you enjoy Shine Patti?
I love that film, and while it doesn't make me cry, it touches me.

silver.......i LOVED Shine! i watched it at a crucial time in my life....just coming up out of a bad bad place....the tears i shed were PROOF i was alive and could feel again.
it holds a special place in my heart for that reason....marks a rebirth of sorts.

not the sadest but it had these.. moments

The October Sky

Originally posted by burton
not the sadest but it had these.. moments

The October Sky
Yeah I agree it had me all chocked up in quite a few scenes

Couple more to add to my list are Apollo 13, Remember the Titans and The Green Mile.

Heaven. I'm in Heaven.

And I just saw The Royal Tenenbaums. A few moments of that movie touched me. I was surprised. I came for the comedy but stayed for the tears.

"It's been a bad year"

Who would have thought that Ben Stiller could make me cry?

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
I used to never cry at all, but recently, I've found myself crying over everything. Am I depressed? Recently (starting sometime in February), I've cried because:

* I was watching Pay It Forward and I cried when you-know-what happened at the end.

* I was watching the final episode of ALF about a week ago (don't laugh, it's one of my favorite shows, and I have them all on tape) and I cried because ALF was leaving and moving to another planet.

* My friend David was moving away, so I wept when I came home, while eating a strawberry yogurt.

That's THREE crying spells!

I was called "sensitive" the other day when I told somebody this. I've never been that sensitive! Maybe I've cracked. But I better watch it when I start watching movies from now on. I'm capable to turn on like a water fountain.

Oh yeah, this past week in one of my classes, I watched "Permanent Record", an old movie with Keanu Reeves and his friend commits suicide. Ironically, his friend's name is David, and that was hard for me to watch because my friend who moved away is named David. But I didn't get too emotional.... I can control myself around people. I have will power. Yes, yes, yes.
Wow, and Sexy Celebrity, you're a guy, too, right? I'm guessing so, but I dunno. If so, that's pretty dramatic if you're saying you never really cry. It sounds like you are or have changed as a person. Maybe your line of work has an affect on you, the friends you hang around, the types of things you now do?

I dunno, but I just notice that when I hang out with nice, courteous people for extended amounts of time, it totally rubs off on me. And then I think to myself "Damnit, I can't be this soft and nice, it's disgusting" It's only temporary for me, I can assure you

The strawberry yogurt part gave me a chuckle. But, uh, maybe you should go work on a car while having a beer, it helps. I'm not kidding either, seriously. I like to work on cars as a hobby, and when I do, I swear I have the urge to whistle at women, shout out a grite (I think that's like a yoddle or somethin' in Spanish ) , but never the urge to cry. If you're not good at cars or have no interest, go bar hopping with some of your most raggedy, womanizing friends. This is if you just wanna get out of your emotional spell, not saying you do... Hehee, it's funny b/c I had this convo with a buddy recently. Took him out for some beers and games and now he's fine

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tiredoftraffic

I like to work on cars as a hobby, and when I do, I swear I have the urge to whistle at women, shout out a grite (I think that's like a yoddle or somethin' in Spanish )
That just reminded me of this incident today...

This woman was looking pretty good, black tight skirt, nice top on...looking all dolled-up; she walks towards this construction site...and I'm thinkin' to myself, there's no way men are so cliche, that they'll actually call out to her or whistle...I mean, that would just be so freakin' stereotypical. So I decide to watch and see what happens; she rounds the corner and gets within sight of the work crew...and they went stupid. They whistled, a few called out some *****, it was so bad. I saw the woman shaking her head and I bet her and I had the same thought going through our minds, How annoyingly typical. It would have been really something if she had walked by, and there was silence. I probably would have walked by, myself, and applauded. (Or got some numbers)

If it were me up there, I might whistle (assuming I was capable of whistling, I mean)...just BECAUSE it's so stupid and stereotypical. I wouldn't ever yell out anything really crude, though. Then the humor's lost.

The Green Mile

Originally posted by sadesdrk
That just reminded me of this incident today...

This woman was looking pretty good, black tight skirt, nice top on...looking all dolled-up; she walks towards this construction site...and I'm thinkin' to myself, there's no way men are so cliche, that they'll actually call out to her or whistle...I mean, that would just be so freakin' stereotypical. So I decide to watch and see what happens; she rounds the corner and gets within sight of the work crew...and they went stupid. They whistled, a few called out some *****, it was so bad. I saw the woman shaking her head and I bet her and I had the same thought going through our minds, How annoyingly typical. It would have been really something if she had walked by, and there was silence. I probably would have walked by, myself, and applauded. (Or got some numbers)
It's a construction site, it's a given. The day they don't whistle and holler, well, I really wouldn't know what to say. Funny, I saw the same thing the other day stuck in traffic, but it was two really young girls walking home from school. One of the two was scantily clad. I looked in my rear view and I could see a lot of cars with men in them, just waiting for the two girls to pass by. Kinda sick considering the men looked at least twice their ages :-\ Well, the two girls walked by and heard it, whistles and the whole nine. The scantily clad one gave the middle...

Well, maybe a little sick...but sicker that she's not covering herself up more at that age. She's inviting it. Anyhow, it cracks me up...the primal nature of it. It's hilarious.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Well, maybe a little sick...but sicker that she's not covering herself up more at that age. She's inviting it. Anyhow, it cracks me up...the primal nature of it. It's hilarious.

wow, fast reply, Commish. Yes, all this kinda cracks me up, too. About her inviting it? Hmmm... it's kinda hard to say. Let me explain. So many girls and women want to look like, emulate a star. You have to remember, most of these kids watch all the music videos and etc. And guess what? All the stars dress pretty provacatively. Janet, Britney, J-lo, Shakira (just naming pop-stars for easy reference) are examples. It's the popular thing to do, and with the leniency some parents have on their kids, coupled with peer pressure, it's all understandable. A bit unfortunate but understandable. The solution: lock your kids up in a basement
...I'm kidding.

Well, peer pressure or not, media or not, she does invite it. Even if not on purpose. I'm not saying I think she's a floozy...but I can't blame the guys for whistling a little. Parenting...bah. Where is it?

The saddest movie for me is: A.I.: Artificial Intelligence... he did all that so his mom would love him... (I don't want to put spoilers for those who haven't watch it yet! I recommend this movie!)

To know more about me, go to: http://www.expage.com/ShuuichiKurama17