The Hunger Games

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I first heard about this Book that is being made into a movie on the Oldboy and Battle Royale remake thread, I've been doing some looking around and trying to find out more about this story. This sounds like Battle Royale but just a American version, is sounds very similar. All I've been able to find are a few stills from the movie. The movie has a 3/23/12 release date. I would like to know more about this story, I really wanna read the book just have to finish what I'm reading now.

And there are about a hundred (probably more) fanmade trailers on youtube, so i'm guessing the official Trailer has not been released yet.

I LOVE THE BOOK so I can't wait for the movie. Hope it'll be good

I haven't read any of the books. But i think this could be the next Harry Potter thing.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i read this series a few months ago. actually, it's pretty decent for YA fiction. it's dark and serious and can be violent, but it doesn't take itself too seriously, either. it's sort of a YA version of 1984... well, sort of.

anyway, i think it's worth a read, and also pretty popular at the moment. i read the whole series within a week, so it isn't a lot of investment. i'm a little curious about the movie.

here's a quick book summary i found on Wikipedia

It introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where North America once existed. This is where a powerful government working in a central city called the Capitol holds power. In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each district to fight to the death. The Hunger Games exist to demonstrate that not even children are beyond the reach of the Capitol's jurisdiction.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I'll deffinatly check them out really soon, trying to finish the Millennium trilogy, but after that I'll find the Hunger Games Series, I'm thinking I'll have plenty of time before the movie comes out.

Oh gordy!! I'm so excited about the movie. Not so enthusiastic about Josh Hutcherson starring in it.. Every time I see him I think Zathura. But, WOODY HARRELSON!! Whoooooppp!! Eff yeah. Definitely excited.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Ugh. I'm annoyed with this movie already. I'm gonna pass, thanks.

I am currently reading the book and i hope the movie will be just as good

In space no one can hear you meow
It`ll be interesting to see what they do with this, and what certification the films get, as the games are, by definition, quite brutal.

I can see them toning down the violence, and upping the romance angle, to appeal to fans of a certain vampire series. Though, I hope I`m wrong.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Soderbergh On His "Hunger Games" Involvement

Friday September 2nd 2011 02:38PM

When it was revealed the other month that Steven Soderbergh was directing second unit filming on Lionsgate's "The Hunger Games", it caused a lot of people to wonder WTF?
Now, Soderbergh has spoken with Heat Vision about how he came to be a part of the film adaptation of the best-selling teen lit series, and the "Contagion" filmmaker was well aware of all the "crazy-ass speculation" that happened when it was revealed he was involved.
Asked how he got involved, Soderbergh says "Back in April, [The Hunger Games director] Gary [Ross] -- who is a close friend of mine [and] I've exchanged creative favors with non-stop over the last 15 years -- when he got the boards for the shoot ... called me and said, 'Hey, first week of August, I got these two days of second unit, Is there any way you can come down and help me out? Because I'd rather have you do it than hire somebody who I don't know'. I said, 'Actually, that works out.' We'll just be finishing Contagion and prepping Magic Mike, and yeah, it could be fun."
Don't expect signature Soderbergh filming techniques in the final cut though, he says it was his duty "to come in and duplicate exactly what Gary and [cinematographer] Tom Stern ... are doing, to mimic as closely as I can to their aesthetic… that's what I attempted to do. But if I've done my job properly ... by design, you won't be able to tell what I did because it's supposed to cut seamlessly into what they're doing."

Looks terrible.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
That teaser tells NOTHING about the movie. I suppose people who have read the books will see it and go "OOH," But having never read them, and knowing just about nothing of the storyline, this doesn't make me want to see the movie very much. It's Jennifer Lawrence with a bow and arrow. I'd be tempted to say this was a remake of Robin Hood for all the info that's given here...There's nothing that makes me even curious about the film here. You've failed, teaser trailer.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Teaser trailer is out.

Trees.

More trees.

Someone carrying a bow, walking through trees.

Someone looking at the trees.

Someone running through trees.

Someone dodging burning trees.

Someone fires an arrow.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Just finished reading the first book and I'm psyched.

Suzanne Collins tells a story that interweaves suspense, romance and philosophy pretty seamlessly. I read 85% of the book in the last two days - once I got going with it, there was no putting it down.

There are, unfortunately, a lot of comparisons to be made between this and Winter's Bone - young girl, no father, family to feed, hunting squirrel in the woods... but this mercifully spares us the HillsHaveEyes family and substitutes suspense for gruesomness. My feeling at the end of WB was "thank GOD I'm not that poor!!!" and this is much more of a search for philosophical points than a statement on the brutality of economic hardship.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This does not really mean much to me, but if you've read the books then it probably will.
I am still looking forward to this movie, even though the teaser trailer was not much to go on.

Eight Character Posters For "Hunger Games"

October 27th 2011

Lionsgate has unveiled eight new character posters for their highly anticipated upcoming adaptation of "The Hunger Games", each poster featuring a major character. Click below for larger versions: