To The Wonder

Tools    

The new film, shot in Oklahoma, written and directed by Terrence Malick featuring Rachel Weisz, Rachel McAdams, Ben Affleck (replaced Christian Bale), Javier Bardem, Amanda Peet, and Olga Kurylenko. He's become Mr. A-lister apparently.

According to imdb, the storyline: After visiting Mont Saint-Michel - once known in France as the Wonder - at the height of their love, Marina and Neil come to Oklahoma, where problems soon arise. Marina makes the acquaintance of a priest and fellow exile, who is struggling with his vocation, while Neil renews his ties with a childhood friend, Jane.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I enjoy some of Malick's work, especially Badlands. I think The New World is extremely under rated and The Tree of Life was a thought provoking movie. Days of Heaven is another movie which gets the intellectual juices flowing but I think some of the characterisation was weak.

I'm really not sure what to make of this, good cast, and a decent plot synopsis.

I've only seen The Tree of Life, which I thought was a potentially great film crushed beneath the weight of its (admirable) ambition. I definitely think there's an audience for it, though. I figure I should probably watch Badlands next.

Welcome to the human race...
Still gotta watch Badlands all the way through (missed the start) and also The New World, so yeah, definitely going to keep an eye out for this.

I love Days Of Heaven and The Thin Red Line. Surprisingly I find Malick isn't quite adept at making movies that handle relationships (I did not enjoy Badlands and The New World). The plot summary of this new film does not intrigue me.

I cast I don't care for and a plot synopsis that, even at three lines, I struggled to make it to the end of. As someone who rarely cares who the director is, this sounds like a washout to me.

Humm, it's a film that has pissed off Berlusconi and his folk, so it gets an automatic place high on my must see film list, well it did anyway with the name Terrence Malick attached as director. Har har.

Article here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...-film-festival

For those who are not a fan of the Ben Affleck casting, his role has apparently been cut considerably and he's hardly in it now.

Also Rachel Weisz, Amanda Peet and Michael Sheen have been cut out of the film completely. Jessica Chastain also shot some scenes but they were cut too.

Ben Affleck apparently said this about the film: Terrence Malick's "To The Wonder, makes 'Tree of Life' look like 'Transformers"...

Also Rachel Weisz, Amanda Peet and Michael Sheen have been cut out of the film completely. Jessica Chastain also shot some scenes but they were cut too.

Ben Affleck apparently said this about the film: Terrence Malick's "To The Wonder, makes 'Tree of Life' look like 'Transformers"...
Why cut Weisz

Does this mean there won't be any dinosaurs?

For those who are not a fan of the Ben Affleck casting, his role has apparently been cut considerably and he's hardly in it now.
Refund!

A press conference for the film at the Venice film festival shows that, I'm happy about this, Olga Kurylenko in on screen the most and basically the lead according to one of the main producers of the film. She should be able to pull it off, she was good in a film called The Ring Finger:

I'm more interested in this film now that I know she has a big part in the film.