Iro's Worst Movies Ever

→ in
Tools    

Exactly. It was like watching Citizen Kane and not thinking it was the greatest movie ever made - a sort of vague disappointment. To me, Plan 9 fell just shy of any sort of brilliance, genuine or otherwise.
I think you have a point in regards to not living up to expectations, because that film does have a lot of hype to it, but if you can look past that, I think you might enjoy it a bit more on another gander, just a thought. I think other Ed Wood films suffice better in some regards, (like Glen or Glenda or Night of the Ghouls), either way, Plan 9 will always entertain me, and that's what I go into that film for.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Welcome to the human race...
I didn't count films that I saw on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Hey, people from Quebec are people too.
No they're not. They think they're French!

We all have Plan 9 in our collections...

A properly awful film without any redeeming features, IMO. In fact, that should be the tagline: "So bad, even honeykid thinks so."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Plan 9 - A properly awful film without any redeeming features, IMO. In fact, that should be the tagline: "So bad, even honeykid thinks so."
You mean "So bad I hate it more than most all the other thousands of movies I hate"?

Look, I think it's bad, but for someone with a sense of humor, it's easy enough to watch, especially with others. Ed Wood should make that clear.

You mean "So bad I hate it more than most all the other thousands of movies I hate"?

Look, I think it's bad, but for someone with a sense of humor, it's easy enough to watch, especially with others. Ed Wood should make that clear.
No, I don't hate it at all, mark. I just think it's absolute rubbish without any competance at all. It would be ok if I liked it or found it funny, as I do so many other crap, poorly made films, but I don't. But I don't hate it. It's not like it's Braveheart or anything.

WE ARE MARSHALL!!!!!
Most of these films I have never seen and from this thread will probably choose to never see, but to have any Harry Potter film especially imo the best of the bunch in The Half Blood Prince on there that is a shame. Also Twilight, but I can sorta understand that if u have the mind set that it is only for screaming teenagers like myself.

Welcome to the human race...
Second Chance Challenge #1: From Dusk Till Dawn

Suggested by: n3wt

Then: Oh yeah, another divisive choice. Rodriguez's film never quite works either during its very Tarantinoesque first half or its vampiric second half. The CGI isn't that good, most of the acting's pretty weak (with a couple of key exceptions like Keitel or even Clooney), the action's never truly exciting and the script is way below Tarantino's usual standard for the most part.

Now: Well, I haven't changed my mind much. Since it's essentially a glorified B-movie, there's a part of me that is hesitant to fault the film, but it's still below-par in just about every respect. Where to begin, though? I could always go with the acting first up - I still maintain that Keitel is a highlight, though Clooney's against-type performance is missing a lot of his usual charisma and suffers for it. The poor performances outweigh the ones that are anywhere near decent (e.g. Tom Savini). Then again, they are spouting some of Tarantino's worst dialogue, which feels like an empty going-through-the-motions imitation of the genres that inspired the film. The effects work isn't even entertainingly bad, featuring action and violence that is by and large unremarkable. In spite of the film's multiple flaws, I would probably knock it down the list a few places, so in a sense it is entertaining, but overall it's still bad enough to stay on the list.

Ridiculously. These films very much even are pleasant to me. I do not consider as their worst.

Haha, Little Nicky was so awesome in its terribleness.

#51 - Hulk
Ang Lee, 2003

I thought the "weirdness" of this film gave it a kind of neat, arthouse feel to it. Especially the craziness of the ending. I dunno. It's not as awkward as a lot of people feel it is. There's a lot to be said about the final battle, which might be one of my favorite final battles ever in a superhero film.

I think the action sequences in the middle are awfully cool, but man, that ending...there's a fine line between interesting craziness and inexplicable, stupid craziness, and I felt it veered off into the latter. It's so easy for an otherwise good comic book movie to cross that line that makes it suddenly seem goofy, and Hulk went flying past that line.

I was younger when I saw it, and I haven't seen it since, but I remember being moved by it in a way that no superhero film has moved me again. I think it was because of the god-like nature of Nolte's character. Especially the way he flew about the clouds and the silhouette of the hulk suspended for a moment in the lightening. There was something powerful about that image for me. Is Wagnerian is right word?