Reality Shows, Too much or not Enough?

Tools    

Piddy thinks they are stupid. Piddy's girl thinks they are awesome.
ROAD RULES/REAL WORLD 4 EVER!

P.S. Nick and Jessica, Carmen and Dave?????????????

I hate reality TV. Piddy is the God of Sweden, I dare not go against him. He will eat my pudding. Praise Piddy!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I See You When You're Sleeping
Some of it is so annoyingly addictive. Sometimes I feel I have no eyelids.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by piddzillas_girl
Piddy thinks they are stupid. Piddy's girl thinks they are awesome.
ROAD RULES/REAL WORLD 4 EVER!

P.S. Nick and Jessica, Carmen and Dave?????????????
Just because they are awesome doesn't mean they can't be stupid. Actually, the Real World back in the Puck-days was great. That must have been one of the first reality shows and that kind was good tv.

But there are far too many nowadays but I think we will see a backlash soon.

I've seen one episode of that .. no wait! .. one and a half.. welll.. I have seen two halfs of two episodes.. ... of that thing with Jessica Simpson and her man. I was relatively okay but my roomie screamed his way through it. I like some of the reality shows but he loathe all of them. Every single one of them. It's quite amusing forcing him to watch Temptation Island.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I hate reality TV. Piddy is the God of Sweden, I dare not go against him. He will eat my pudding. Praise Piddy!
Pudding? The God of Sweden is very upset with the mortal that goes by the name of LordSlaytan. Heads will roll! The heavens will fall! The ravens will cross their eyes and sing like blackbirds! AND CURSE ALL PUDDING TO HELL!!! BY TOR! BY ODEN! AND.. eh.. TOR!

...what kind of pudding is it?...

Put me in your pocket...
The only one I watch is American Idol. I love the three judges, and my daughter and I have a good time watching it.

Unfortunately, I can't get "She bangs, she bangs" out of my head.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Just because they are awesome doesn't mean they can't be stupid.

But there are far too many nowadays but I think we will see a backlash soon.
I agree with Pudding...errrr...the God of Sweden...err...or is he the God of Pudding?

I hope we see a backlash soon. There are way to many of them. I think the networks keep trying for quick cheap (in more ways than one) entertainment instead of spending the time to develop more quality shows. Personally, I'd love to see a Carol Burnett type of show make a come back during the family hours.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I think the networks keep trying for quick cheap (in more ways than one) entertainment instead of spending the time to develop more quality shows.
Yeah, that is probably it. Imagine that you in some cases can have a show that runs five days a week with "actors" working for free! That must be every television producer's dream.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I was on the Reality Show bandwagon from the start of the whole Survivour hype. Afterwards, this show just spawned reality show idea after reality show idea. Some of them I found interesting such as THE MOLE and AMAZING RACE, they were well planned reality shows that showed the people invovled really did put an effort into making the game challenging. But more often than not, these reality shows suck and its getting excessive, it seems people aren't even trying anymore... many of them are just about "will this hot supermodel fall in love with another man who looks like a model in about 20 episodes." Sortta ridiculous, they have losted touched with reality.

Unfortunately, I can't get "She bangs, she bangs" out of my head.

You too???? That's all i hear...."she bangs, she bangs"

Your prediction of the winner?

i'm not really into any of the reality shows..although i have seen the auditions for american idol and watched the end of the f irst survivor and joe millionaire...but that's as far as that goes

i was kind of interested i n watching the apprentice but i never really started to watch it...always something else up

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Yeah, that is probably it. Imagine that you in some cases can have a show that runs five days a week with "actors" working for free! That must be every television producer's dream.

You too???? That's all i hear...."she bangs, she bangs"

Your prediction of the winner?
Yes!!! He was so bad, and yet so sweet. I even try to imitate him sometimes...hehe...my daughter gets all embarassed. "Mooooommy!"

Predictions....I don't know. My favorite was already knocked out....Scooter girl.
How about you? Who do you like (or like so far) or hope wins?

Predictions....I don't know. My favorite was already knocked out....Scooter girl.
How about you? Who do you like (or like so far) or hope wins?
I liked scooter girl too. So far I have no favorites but some of the poeple that made it, makes you wonder, are they just pawns? lol. I was so glad when the twin brothers left. I don't know who told them they had vocals.

BTW. Watch tonight, ...she bangs, she bangs...

Put me in your pocket...
I liked scooter girl too. So far I have no favorites but some of the poeple that made it, makes you wonder, are they just pawns? lol. I was so glad when the twin brothers left. I don't know who told them they had vocals.

BTW. Watch tonight, ...she bangs, she bangs...
Ish...after last night's group, I'm having my doubts if I'll like any of them. The funny thing is...Simon might not be the most tactful person, but he's usually right.

Hung seems like such a sweet guy. I watched...she bangs, she bangs...the other night. I just heard one of my co-workers going down the hall singing it.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I think William Hung should be up there singing for american idol, I more about entertainment value than honoring talent hahaha........ I think his CD is one I would actually buy than rather wait for it on the radio

Most reality t.v. is terrible, music reality t.v. shows, but there are some good ones like there's something about mary (don't know i anyone else gets this but it is hilarious, it is about a stunning transexual who 6 guys have to try and pull, but they don't know she is a transexual).

They have been showing the reality show The Simple Life on swedish tv this winter but I have never seen more then a few short glimpses. Until yesterday. What I witnessed I think was the last episode.. it doesn't matter really.. but ladies and gentlmen, I think I have the answer to who the two most unattractive females of the universe are. Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are so... dumb. I actually can't find words for how much distaste I felt watching that show. Do rich people consider them to be cool?? Is it a sign of wealth to not have a clue of what the tailgate of a car do and seemingly also be proud of not knowing it?? This is a whole new world opening up for me! There was a tornado in the town where they lived and when Nicole Richie realized it was over and over without having left a disastrous trail after itself she says "How uncool...". Gnnnnnh! And someone expressed a fear of tornados and what they actually could do to people's home (or something, I don't remember exactly) and Paris Hilton says "Don't be so melodramatic...". What? Come again? What do you mean "melodramatic"? Grrrrrrr! And then they went on to put makeup on a dead stuffed bear (i.e. ruining it for someone) and I don't know what else.

Am I totally unhip? Is this show ironic only I'm not getting it? Does anyone here know people like this? God, I am so annoyed... I used to loathe shows like Ricki Lake and that stuff for putting poor people on national tv for everyone else to laugh at (well, just one of the reasons to why I loathe those shows), but this must be some absurd kind of way to balance it up a little.

I think intelligent women are sexy. I think Paris and Nicole are not sexy at all.

I'll only ever watch reality tv, if they start handing out guns and knives to the contestants.

And Pidzilla, I agree with you, intelligence in a woman is a massive turn on.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Originally Posted by bluebottle
I'll only ever watch reality tv, if they start handing out guns and knives to the contestants.

And Pidzilla, I agree with you, intelligence in a woman is a massive turn on.
Oh isn't there a show where they do that allready?? If not, give it six months and there will be one.

And hello to you, bluebottle. I don't think I've had the pleasure before.