Why Do You Post Here?

Tools    

That's just a lame excuse used by the cashed up thrill seeking tiny penis canned great white hunters. If they gave a crap about conservation they would donate the money. not slaughter animals for a freaking selfie. Seriously. The only approval I would give canned hunting is if they were only armed with a short stick.

And yeah, I bet wealthy Theunis Botha was crying 'I donated all the proceeds to the village for conservation purposes' when the elephant matriarch was shot and crushed him to death. Same for his business partner eaten by crocs. Sad not sad.
Did you watch the video, Dani? They make fun of the hunters and no one's claiming the hunters' goals are conservation - they like killing animals. But, they are men with money and it's that money taken by the conservation groups that organize the hunts that goes to pay police to stop poachers, farmers to create protected land areas for animals, etc. The video also says that some of these programs aren't perfect, but where they are run well, they work to increase the numbers of endangered species.

But why couldn't they be put whole into boiling water? Same difference, I guess, but it doesn't seem so medieval.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No I'm not watching it, and every time those wankers get called on it on social media and in print media they pull out the excuse it's for conservation. Utter horse faeces. That's how the tour groups make so much money, hey? By giving it all away. They can pull the other one and it plays jungle bells.

But why couldn't they be put whole into boiling water? Same difference, I guess, but it doesn't seem so medieval.
They could. The restaurant I worked in only had boiled lobster as an occasional special. For the broiled seafood nothing was pre-boiled, it was all put under the broiler raw. The lobsters that got cut in half probably did have the quicker, more merciful death.

No I'm not watching it, and every time those wankers get called on it on social media and in print media they pull out the excuse it's for conservation. Utter horse faeces. That's how the tour groups make so much money, hey? By giving it all away. They can pull the other one and it plays jungle bells.
I think you'd like Adam Ruins Everything - it's highly liberal.

Made a thread about it a while back: https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=44673

It's basically a show about exposing common misconceptions - you would've liked the episode on immigration.

In the animals episode they weren't defending the hunters, just explaining there's more to the system that allows it than people realize - the same episode talked about spaying & neutering, and how large populations of stray cats in urban areas are effecting the cat species and other species in those areas.

Not usually on his side, but Cap's not entirely off base here, especially when it comes to endangered animals.

There's an excellent radiolab on this as well: http://www.radiolab.org/story/rhino-hunter/

Hunting doesn't have any appeal to me personally, and I'm frustrated when hunting is used as a cover to justify some of the egregious lack of gun control in this country, but I'd say that hunters are among some of the most ardent conservationalists. And rightly so; they actually participate in the wild outdoors more than most (including myself).

Not that there isn't rampant hypocrisy present in the hunting community. But they often do the most to protect endangered species (to hunt them).

Could you even explain how you came to the conclusion that the only reason it was changed was to "appease liberals"?
Citizen Rules, a liberal, started a poll to get it changed Link

Easy

He was complaining about it being in Now Playing, not the title. In fact, if you look at the poll, there's an option to rename it, and literally nobody voted for it, liberal or otherwise.

Why do people keep throwing round 'liberal' with gay abandon? And as Yoda said, his complaint was to make it invisible in playing now section so visitors wouldnt see it trending 24/7.

His flimsy sense of rhetoric is such an unwavering constant that it's almost reassuring, like knowing that the sun is always going to rise.
What's reassuring is how flawed forum opinion has proven to be. But people need their fairy tales, complete with Russia conspiracy theories

He was complaining about it being in Now Playing, not the title. In fact, if you look at the poll, there's an option to rename it, and literally nobody voted for it, liberal or otherwise.
I make a motion that the thread NOT appear in the Now Playing section, but be reopened since there are several "latest events" in the news... just to see what happens!

Why do people keep throwing round 'liberal' with gay abandon? And as Yoda said, his complaint was to make it invisible in playing now section so visitors wouldnt see it trending 24/7.
What do you mean by "gay" abandon???

The censorship kicked off right while that Citizen Rules poll happened

Deary me, nostro. The censorship insult hurled at Yoda was done and dusted. You missed it. Why do you post here?

I make a motion that the thread NOT appear in the Now Playing section, but be reopened since there are several "latest events" in the news... just to see what happens!
This could also be seen as an act of site amnesty - a "let's start over / all are welcome" attitude (like eBay did last year when they lifted the indefinite bans on all members) - with an expression of tolerance for a diversity of ideas and the highly valued attribute of transparency!

1. No it didn't. That thread is almost three months old.

2. You're moving the goalposts. You said it was renamed to appease liberals. That's false.

Well the censoring's more a truth than an insult

As for being asked why I post here, as a 4 year member it's riveting being asked that from a 4 month member.

I have a history here of loving movies, participating in the decade countdowns and various other tournaments etc, and there were literally never problems. But then, liking Donald Trump means... ostracism.

So what was a fun hobby became typing for survival against an angry butthurt tightly-knit liberal posse allied with anti-Trumpers. Now I'm here to win. And considering the two things I've been most involved in since have gone my way, baseball and President Trump. All things considered, I'm winning

Well the censoring's more a truth than an insult

As for being asked why I post here, as a 4 year member it's riveting being asked that from a 4 month member.
No it isnt. This forum is private property, and he didnt censor the thread; he removed it from Now Playing.

Oh Noooo you hurt my feels. You;ve been here for 4 years and I've only been here 4 months. Well shame on me. I should have signed up 4 years ago to see why you stick around on a forum owned by someone you clearly dont like. Must be very entertaining. And are you winning yet?

The OP has posted here for 4-1/2 years.