Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

→ in
Tools    

Tim Burton, well-known director for his special style, made a new film : Miss Peregrine. But what about it?

This film's genre is fantastic and the main themes are the childhood, friendship and time travels. It's an adaptation of the novel of the same title, written by Ransom Riggs. In addition, the stars are Eva Green, Asa Butterfield, Ella Purnell and Samuel L. Jackson.

The plot is really original, the story is about children with special abilities living in a house all together (some of them can fly, be invisible, etc). Miss Peregrine looks for them and she has the capacity of going back in time, so, everyday she turns the time back to 24 hours before. Thanks to that, they live the same day over and over (it's a time loop), outside the real world, and they are safe. Moreover, the film takes place in Wales during 1943. But of course there is a problem : bad people want to stop this loop and kill the children, but the main character, Jake, is going to do everything to save them.

Personally, I found this movie interesting. It's quite different from what Tim Burton used to do. The beginning of the movie is a little slow but when we enter in the main subject, it becomes gripping. It's just a little disappointing that the final battle turns out to be ridiculous. But in general, it's a good story.

So if you want to have a good time and enjoy a story different from the "standards" I really recommend you to go see "Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children".

This movie could have been called "X-Men the Greatest Generation" or something like that.

Actually I have a different theory - the kids in this movie are the grandparents of the kids that attend Sky High!

This might just do nobody any good.
The biggest thing I took from this is that the actress playing the floating girl is totally a younger clone of Eva Green.

Like a Wolverine/X-23 situation.

Oh, and Asa Butterfield was awful.