Movie Tab

Tools    

Kurosawas Throne of blood. So excitin, any of you guys ever seen this? Pigsnie says real archers were actualy shootin within inches of toshiro mifunis face WOW!

Throne of Blood - WHAT AN AMAZING MOVIE. (That was Macbeth right? It's been awhile.)

Kurosawa has to be one of the four or five best directors ever.

Borrowed The Shining from Mark a few days ago. That's got to be one of the most beautifully photographed movies I've ever seen.

I saw The Crew a few weeks ago. It goes down as one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

I took my kids to see Shrek today. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh yea I watched Lethal Weapon 4 last night too, and watched Starship Troopers today.

Kurosawa's RAN---the GREATEST war epic of all time.
And Kurosawa was practically blind when he made this picture!

I can pretend that things last.
Ran ROX!!

Super photography....woah!

Have you heard Mel Gibson's commentary on the Braveheart DVD, he talks about how Speilberg "borrowed" from him on Saving Private Ryan? Well Gibson attempted to "borrow" from Ran (and failed miserably).

Watched The Mummy Returns, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Some Like it Hot, and Dr. Strangelove this weekend. All terrific flicks with the exception of the first.

Also, watched Do the Right Thing.

And that's the truth, Ruth.

Today I watched Driving Miss Daisy.

Yeah, "The Crew" was pretty bad.

Braveheart wasn't bad, but it wasn't no masterpiece either. It's overrated, but it's a good film.

Never seen braveheart becuz Pigsnie was in a bad mood taht weekend. What did Mel borrow from RAN excactly?

Well, I've got a "thing" for historical figures and their courage. I'd say William Wallace is one of the men I admire most. You should read "The Dragon and the Raven", by G.A. Henty. That gives you more insight into all this, and made the movie better, simply because it confirmed for me that most of it was NOT your typical Hollywood fabrication.

Virgin Suicides
Billy Elliot
Wonder Boys
Best in Show

I'm on a movie binge.

Nurse Betty
Okay, what the heck was this? An indie film gone hollywood??
It was weird and badly written with big stars in it and had decent acting. I'm confused.

Yojimbo, 3d time this year. Super cool movie, scorsese eat your heart out, loll

The Return of the Pink Panther
Spy Hard
The Great Escape
Remember the Titans

I loved Nurse Betty. Renee Zellwegger is mucho underrated.

Saw Miss Congeniality (boring), Best in Show (hilarious: "You don't have Busy Bee!!!"), Pay it Forward (don't get me started. complete sh*t), and Charlie's Angels (stupid, but I'm in love with Lucy Liu) all recently.

Also, saw A Knight's Tale this weekend with Mark (Zweeedorf), b/c Pearl Harbor was sold out, lol. It was actually pretty good, with some good laughs. Much better and more enjoyable than I expected.