The 2023 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

I think that pretty much every year haha.

Maybe for 2024 we should change things up a bit, and slim down the categories a little? I don't think we need both a "Funniest Scene" and "Memorable Scene" to start, just a general one would do. For me, I feel like there's also a lot of mental overlap between "Biggest Surprise" and "Most Underrated", as well as between "Biggest Disappointment" and "Most Overrated".

Would love to hear people's opinions on this, so don't be afraid to speak up!

I think you've nailed it. I'm completely fine with having a lot of categories, but there is indeed a lot of overlap here. Especially:

Underrated = Biggest Surprise

Disappointment = Overrated

I might be a bit biased, but I think instead of the 2-3 categories with a lot of overlap, it might be fun to have a Scariest movie category, or best Villian category. Just a thought.

The deadline is tomorrow!

Though when I go to work Thursday morning, it'll still be Wednesday in the western-most timezones, so I'll be accepting ballots until I get home from work on Thursday (around 9am eastern time)

Today is the last day to get nominations in!
You have about ~24 hours left to send me your ballots via PM!

Remember: you don't need to vote in every category, and you don't need to choose 5 nominations for each one either. Partial ballots are totally fine, and your top choices will still receive the full 5 points.

Assuming nothing unexpected happens, the finalists will be revealed on Friday.

Currently only 3 ballots shy of how many I received last year, so it's nice to see this didn't have a huge drop in interest!

Thank you to everyone who submitted their nominations! And if anyone's still waiting, I'm heading to work now so feel free to sneak a list into my inbox before I get home.