Unknown Movies

Tools    

Movie Forums Member
I saw these couple movies on TV in Camden, NJ on April 2, 1995. They were back to back. They were also very good.

One of them had to do with this couple (man and a lady). It was in COLOR.
It had something to do with them trying not to eat so much fatty/sweat food, I think. And I think the lady was trying to get the guy thin. There were several incidents though of clothes tearing because he was getting too fat. I know my grandmother told me the title to it seven times, but it was a hard one (it sounded French), so now its completely out of my mind. Desu, Jesu or Tesu or something is all I can remember.
All I remember for sure, is that in one scene the guy is working out a lot and then they show him putting these things under his pant belt thing so it'd press his gut in. Then when he's having dinner with the lady (and some other people) we hear his clothes tear and he excuses himself to go to the bathroom. Inside, he's moaning in pain as he's trying to move the things around that press his gut in. Then the lady slides another one (bigger/newer looking) under the door. That's all I can remember, except that the guy had black hair and sort of looked like (or maybe was) Bill Murry.

The other was about these things under the sea. I'm pretty sure it was in COLOR (but it wasn't that great, like colors in films had just come out).
Anyway, it was about these dark yellow sponge plants that people got under the sea. Supposedly, they were worth alot of money.
I just remember that one night some angry villagers set them on fire. Another scene had this guying going down to get them, but the heavy suit they put him in suffacated him, because when he got back to the surface they couldn't revive him and he died. Towrads the end, they got another guy to go down (in the suite too, so it was suspenseful). His first catch was really good. I think he also managed to survive with minor injuries.

Lastly (I don't think anyone's going to know this, but that's okay) the third film that came on I don't remember to much about (and am not too concerned about knowing it). I only remember these three things:
a) It had to with police and cops
b) It was in Black and White
c) Jerry Lewis was in it. They showed a close up of him (sort of acting) and then the shot froze and his name showed up at the bottom center of the screen.
d) I only remember this line, "You've already gotten two broken arms from <so-and-so>"

The other two movies were real good though.

Semper Fooey
I saw these couple movies on TV in Camden, NJ on April 2, 1995. They were back to back. They were also very good.

One of them had to do with this couple (man and a lady). It was in COLOR.
It had something to do with them trying not to eat so much fatty/sweat food, I think. And I think the lady was trying to get the guy thin. There were several incidents though of clothes tearing because he was getting too fat. I know my grandmother told me the title to it seven times, but it was a hard one (it sounded French), so now its completely out of my mind. Desu, Jesu or Tesu or something is all I can remember.
All I remember for sure, is that in one scene the guy is working out a lot and then they show him putting these things under his pant belt thing so it'd press his gut in. Then when he's having dinner with the lady (and some other people) we hear his clothes tear and he excuses himself to go to the bathroom. Inside, he's moaning in pain as he's trying to move the things around that press his gut in. Then the lady slides another one (bigger/newer looking) under the door. That's all I can remember, except that the guy had black hair and sort of looked like (or maybe was) Bill Murry.

The other was about these things under the sea. I'm pretty sure it was in COLOR (but it wasn't that great, like colors in films had just come out).
Anyway, it was about these dark yellow sponge plants that people got under the sea. Supposedly, they were worth alot of money.
I just remember that one night some angry villagers set them on fire. Another scene had this guying going down to get them, but the heavy suit they put him in suffacated him, because when he got back to the surface they couldn't revive him and he died. Towrads the end, they got another guy to go down (in the suite too, so it was suspenseful). His first catch was really good. I think he also managed to survive with minor injuries.

Lastly (I don't think anyone's going to know this, but that's okay) the third film that came on I don't remember to much about (and am not too concerned about knowing it). I only remember these three things:
a) It had to with police and cops
b) It was in Black and White
c) Jerry Lewis was in it. They showed a close up of him (sort of acting) and then the shot froze and his name showed up at the bottom center of the screen.
d) I only remember this line, "You've already gotten two broken arms from <so-and-so>"

The other two movies were real good though.
Since 3D3TOY did it, was inspired to try to answer an old question also. I can answer the second question definitely. It is Beneath the Reef starring Robert Wagner and Gilbert Roland.

I don't know about the ending, but the third one might be Jerry Lewis' first solo movie without Dean Martin, made in black and white, The Delicate Delinquent, where he joined the police force with Darren McGavin as a cop in the role meant for Martin.

Since 3D3TOY did it, was inspired to try to answer an old question also. I can answer the second question definitely. It is Beneath the Reef starring Robert Wagner and Gilbert Roland.

Oh sure blame it all on me. Feels good to inspire someone though. Err who's 3D3TOY? LOL Just giving you hell. Dang I'm bored.