thriller from the 90s with a "rose killer"?

Tools    

Okay, so I've been desperately trying to find out the name of my first ever "thriller" movie experience, but Google has failed me. So, I have the following leads to go on:

- it's a thriller/crime/murder story
- female lead, I think she's a blonde
- serial killer who kills women: leaves roses at the scene of the crime
- one victim survives: however she is in a coma (I think), so the investigator (aforementioned female lead) can't get to the victim's memories. The investigator's husband (I think) works in a lab, with lab rats and everything - he is persuaded by his wife to use his research to put the victim's memory in the investigator's mind (or something of the sort) in order to track down the serial killer
- serial killer tries to kill female investigator (obviously)

Anyone? Any ideas which movie this might be??

Semper Fooey
If it is misremebered, it could be The Cell starring Jennifer Lopez

Thanks for a quick answer! Though I'm afraid it's not The Cell. It's older, and I'm pretty sure I remember at least most of the details correctly - the serial killer, the investigator and her husband and the rats in the lab and everything...

Anyone?

Semper Fooey
Thanks for a quick answer! Though I'm afraid it's not The Cell. It's older, and I'm pretty sure I remember at least most of the details correctly - the serial killer, the investigator and her husband and the rats in the lab and everything...

Anyone?
Viju Menon will find it when he gets here.

Murder in My Mind
(1997)

IMDb Page | Review

Note: If you want to pick up the DVD, you'll have to settle for a bootleg copy. Either that or wait for it to air on Lifetime

There we are! Brilliant, thanks! Never knew it was Nicollette Sheridan...!

Now all that remains is to find it... Lifetime is not an option in Norway, so I'll have to think of something else, haha. Thanks again!!