Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

She could've returned for Last Crusade, though.
Yes, that might have been better, but would it have been too much?

And Indy 5 has just been confirmed. Let's hope this year production begins. Would be awesome by next Summer to have it out.

I still wonder how the fourth may have been had we gotten it in the 90s or even earlier 2000s.
I think the negative view is that we'd have had the same kind of thing, just with really bad and copious CGI.

And Indy 5 has just been confirmed. Let's hope this year production begins. Would be awesome by next Summer to have it out.
Great news. I'm hoping for something a bit different.

I too would like to see something different. I don't want to see the Soviets back, it'd be good to take a cue from Temple Of Doom and go for something different and bold.

I too would like to see something different. I don't want to see the Soviets back, it'd be good to take a cue from Temple Of Doom and go for something different and bold.
They've got their work cut out. One thing they should steer well clear of is falling into the trap of recycling like The Force Awakens.

It's hard to think of something new and fresh to keep each new entry feeling unique. What enemy could work in a 1960s setting for Indy?

It's hard to think of something new and fresh to keep each new entry feeling unique. What enemy could work in a 1960s setting for Indy?
I think the beauty of the Fifties setting was that you not only had the Russians but also the rich science fiction/UFO mythology to go with it. I'm struggling to think of something in the Sixties other than the fear of the atom bomb, which of course was also dealt with in Crystal Skull.

One thing that just came to mind is having an adventure in a snowy landscape – imagine an Indiana Jones story in Scandinavia for example – maybe something Viking related. That would be very different to anything that's been done already.

That could actually work and would harken back a bit to TOD, something with a more explicitly mystical approach.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

My favorite scenes are in Temple of Doom, so it's easily the movie my mind jumps to when I think Indiana Jones, but I also think it has the worst scenes of any of them.

Last Crusade might win out if I gave them another watch.

8 out of 10 for indiana jones movie

That could actually work and would harken back a bit to TOD, something with a more explicitly mystical approach.
Yeah, I was thinking about where Indy hasn't been – I can't remember him coming to Britain either. Also aside from the brief snowy scenes in Temple of Doom, that's something we haven't seen. It's largely been hot places either with sand and stone or covered in greenery.

Also aside from the brief snowy scenes in Temple of Doom, that's something we haven't seen. It's largely been hot places either with sand and stone or covered in greenery.

Think you meant Raiders when he's in Nepal.

I think they're referring to this:

I was, yeah. I know what Shadow means, though, you do forget about that as it's so short. Same with the Shanghai bit.